Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pommel Insert

Default Pommel Insert

So this would be the first time that i have order the insert ring to keep that bugger from falling out. My first build a long time ago i didn't know what to do so i J. B. welded that sucker in. How well does the ring keep it in place? Should i just J. B. weld it again?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If you put the ring in correctly the insert will not come out unless you remove the ring.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

To make your life easier, google: snap-ring or retaining ring pliers.
    you can also try a pair of needle nose pliers.
    My dad called them Christ pins because that's what you yelled as it flew across the shop.

Blog Entries

I always order two in case I send one sailing

Quote Originally Posted by hapki View Post
    i always order two in case i send one sailing
    ...lol me too!
    I can light a small city with my board

Finally got it in but i think next time i'm wearing armor because the first couple tries it flew off and one time it stuck in the wall right in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by minamus View Post
    Finally got it in but i think next time i'm wearing armor because the first couple tries it flew off and one time it stuck in the wall right in front of me.
    ! That's crazy
    I can light a small city with my board

I bought a pair of compression clip pliers from Home Depot during my first build after a lot of frustration trying to get by without them. They were almost $20 but whatever. They're pretty necessary.

Retaining ring pliers are the way to go. Only try needle nose pliers if you are a masochist. I spent twenty minutes wrestling with needle nose pliers before I wisely quit seeing that an injury was imminent. I bought some retaining ring pliers, and within ten seconds had the insert in without issue.

Besides, one can never have too many different types of tools. When I'm a senior citizen, I'll be like Clint Eastwood's character in "Gran Torino." My workshop will be full of them.