Thread: petit crouton operation question

Default petit crouton operation question

i've read that V3.5 now embeds the color profiles like the Prizm. and you can combine the activator switch and the aux switch to browse through several colors in a single font. i've read through both the Petit Crouton and Prizm manuals and i have an idea but not sure if it'll work, i want to wire a third momentary switch that combines both the aux and activation switches, that when when pressed it'll change the color of the blade while still in the same font. the manual says that you have to press the aux then the activation switch before the lock up time runs out. my question is will pressing them simultaneously (as in both buttons wired as one button) will achieve the same gesture to the sound board?

what im looking to do is make a crystal chamber with two different crystals and allow it to rotate to press a momentary switch and change the color of the blade while running. something similar to corran horn's saber or gantoris's saber with a complex crystal chamber.

If you are using the APOP feature of the board, then having both switches wired to the same switch will turn the saber off.

I believe that without Apop, it will still turn off the board, as it looks for a slight delay between the presses to distinguish the desired action.

Edit: Also, if you wire both switches to another switch, the wires will be permanently connected, meaning that even if you only press the power switch, or the aux switch, you will end up pressing both.
    Last edited by DarthMace; 04-20-2015 at 06:05 PM.
    "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whomever drinks the water I give him will never thirst."

well the button connected to both power and aux would have to be something like a dpdt momentary switch, but i'm not even sure if they make a tactile switch in that configuration, in any case i would want the APOP on this saber so unless i could design a stacked or stepped switch that depresses the second one right after the first like lining the buttons up and having a sawblade type disk that as it rotates presses the first button before the second, but we're talking micro switches here. and some serious mastery of the art of cram-fu. ill have to look into it some more. if i come up with an idea/visualization i'll post it to better describe what i'm talking about. thanks for the clarifying that.

EDIT**** I meant DPST, NOT DPDT
    Last edited by cakira21; 04-21-2015 at 08:58 AM. Reason: I ment DPST, not dpdt

Quote Originally Posted by cakira21 View Post
    i've read that V3.5 now embeds the color profiles like the Prizm. and you can combine the activator switch and the aux switch to browse through several colors in a single font. i've read through both the Petit Crouton and Prizm manuals and i have an idea but not sure if it'll work, i want to wire a third momentary switch that combines both the aux and activation switches, that when when pressed it'll change the color of the blade while still in the same font. the manual says that you have to press the aux then the activation switch before the lock up time runs out. my question is will pressing them simultaneously (as in both buttons wired as one button) will achieve the same gesture to the sound board?

what im looking to do is make a crystal chamber with two different crystals and allow it to rotate to press a momentary switch and change the color of the blade while running. something similar to corran horn's saber or gantoris's saber with a complex crystal chamber.
    I've been working on the same thing and I believe it will work. You may want a small delay on the poweroff.

*EDIT - on second thought, if you make a single third button it will probably compromise the independent functioning of the other two. That is unless you use a DPST switch http://www.gaugemaster.com/instructi..._explained.pdf
    Last edited by Madcow; 04-21-2015 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
    I've been working on the same thing and I believe it will work. You may want a small delay on the poweroff.
    i didn't think of a delay on the power switch. great idea. i would like to do this in a reboot of the corran horn saber with your permission, if you wouldn't mind?

i've been on the hunt for a two stage momentary tactile switch that may solve the problem, but i'm coming up short.
    Last edited by cakira21; 04-21-2015 at 09:31 AM.

after searching online, I've found a bunch of different time delays for switches but nothing we could stuff in a saber's ID. even the smaller ones i've seen are still slightly large than a car's keyless entry. not to practical for what we want. i'd have to build one with smaller components if i'm gonna get it to fit. i watched a video of someone building a simple one with a capacitor and a relay but again both components were way to large for this application.

I'm actually doing a Corran Horn v2 right now. Please email me if you want to discuss permission to use my design.

The Petite Crouton and other Plecter boards have the ability to put a delay on the poweroff, no extra components are needed.

sure thing,

i didn't realize that you could delay the power switch from the board. that'll make life so much easier.
    Last edited by cakira21; 04-22-2015 at 02:54 PM.