Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: blade holder ? and more

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

well he does need to calm down.

now another question. with irv's new board and corbins board, they will fit into the ribbed section of the mhs? With those 2 systems, how many volts are irv's gonna need. Just trying to cover my bases in case I decide to go with a diff system.

BLUE 3- Ready

Default vortex hilt

well if erv's board is an option for you imo it would be your best option going and will fit in the ribbed section with no problem, but your gonna want to have the module and sensors as close to your pommel as possible for optimum sensitivity

your voltages are going to depend on your led setup, so a good idea would be to get in touch with erv and discuss with him where you would want to go with this project, since he's the only one who can tell you exactly what his board is capable of running with the various led's

mmm... just thinkin bout all that buttery toast goodness makes my mouth water, thank goodness the wait is almost over till a production model is available stateside

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Erv's should fit in a ribbed section. His board would need 4.8V and above. Like most his is a step down driver so it needs a little above that of the LED to work well. I'd personally use a 7.2V li-ion pack. They are great for holding their charge.

Corbin's will not fit. His can go in a "normal" section with some sanding. At 15 inches you won't have too much of a problem with space. Definitely a two handed saber there.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    At 15 inches you won't have too much of a problem with space. Definitely a two handed saber there.
    yep, I got the idea from when I was in RBWI (Robert Bussey's Warrior International) and our swords had a long handle with a blade just over what the handle was. 15" handle and 21" Katana style blade.

BLUE 3- Ready

Ryma Mara

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist
    Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    At 15 inches you won't have too much of a problem with space. Definitely a two handed saber there.
    yep, I got the idea from when I was in RBWI (Robert Bussey's Warrior International) and our swords had a long handle with a blade just over what the handle was. 15" handle and 21" Katana style blade.
    RBWI 4 Life.

to bad the guy thats running it now is a panzy,

Ryma Mara

With blade holder style 6 is there 3 ports or 4? to me i tlooks like it would have 3.

Please say it does have 3.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryma Mara
    With blade holder style 6 is there 3 ports or 4? to me i tlooks like it would have 3.

Please say it does have 3.
    I think it's also four, like with blade holder #4.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Ryma Mara

shoot, that might complicate things. thanks