Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: blade holder ? and more

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Default blade holder ? and more

how many cut outs are in the blade holder syle 4?
    What is the size of the MR board and what size of battery holder do I need for the MR?
    I'm trying to get away with using as little of a hilt section as possible. this was my idea:
    Pommel/ ?" center/ V-groove/ 2.5 ext/ V-groove/ blade holder style 4 and mhs claws mounted at the end pointing towards pommel. lmk what ya think and what complications might arise.

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Sith Lord

blade holder #4 has 4 slots in it i believe

the MR sound card is a hair over 2 inches and you would be best off using 3 AAs like they do with the stock sabers
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

4 slots is true
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Re: blade holder ? and more

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist
    how many cut outs are in the blade holder syle 4?

Four is correct.

What is the size of the MR board and what size of battery holder do I need for the MR?

about 1" x 1.5"... for batteries you've been here enough to know to look for that. It's not like that's an obscure question.

I'm trying to get away with using as little of a hilt section as possible. this was my idea:
    Pommel/ ?" center/ V-groove/ 2.5 ext/ V-groove/ blade holder style 4 and mhs claws mounted at the end pointing towards pommel. lmk what ya think and what complications might arise.

Little... of a hilt section... I'm not getting this. That'd be a long hilt. Pommel- .75", Double female- 3", V grooved- 3.7", 2.5" extension, 2" blade holder... add it up. It'd work though.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I guess I was thinkin of corbins board when I asked about the batteries, even though I knew all the MR stuff fits in the MHS. When I said smallest hilt I meant to say center section.(sorry about that) I was just worried that having 2 ribbed sections, there wasn't goin to be enough clearance for the electronics. (becouse the id of the ribbed sections is smaller). I did add it up, It would be about 15" depending on how long I need the peice between the ribbed section and pommel.

BLUE 3- Ready

Default vortex hilt

the mr board will fit in the ribbed section with no problems, corbins board has to be sanded to fit in most of the mhs parts, remember too that with the mr you can run either a k2 or 3w direct off the module or run a secondary to the led and get it to optimum... xwing and james can give you two different methods of wiring a direct flow if ya ask nice

Thanks and I will ask nice

BLUE 3- Ready

Default vortex hilt

no problem vortex, happy to help any way i can! wow its nice to see new forum members with manners, thats a very welcome change from the past few weeks, now if we could just teach some of our new members some respect and courtesy... oh how nice that would be

ya I will tell him he needs to calm down and shut up.

BLUE 3- Ready

Default vortex hilt

well i wont mention names, or imply that anyone shut up, i would just hope that everyone could be respectful to one another and do their best to get along...

after all this is an internet forum, not an impromptu battle ground!