Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Miraan...build log

Alright folks! Here is the final installment of this build log. (I'll be posting a actual review thread later...once the blade is finished)

Finished the chassis tonight, and successfully tested it...without the LED hooked up. I really like how Madcow doesn't put any wires on the top of his boards, so I did the same with this saber, and it makes for a really clean chassis. Ended up scratching the RGB mini-crystal chamber in lieu of more wires than I bargained for. The pseudo PLI works great however.

Here are some shots of the chassis (and a work-desk after 3 consecutive days of saber building):
    No wires captain!
    DSC_0004.jpg

I used the battery PCB as part of the crystal chamber:
    DSC_0007.jpg

Here is the complete chassis:
    DSC_0002.jpg

This is how it will look when it is installed:
    DSC_0010.jpg

Yeah......it's a mess.....
    DSC_0001.jpg
    "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whomever drinks the water I give him will never thirst."

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

That is fairly fantastic. Creative use of the battery pcb

Very impressive. Good clean wiring. I like!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Ok, i have to ask, since i'm working on a similar switch setup for a difficult (read: cramped) build. do you just drop the brass sections in from inside the hilt and then slide the chassis in? Or do you have something more elaborate set up.

Looks great!
    I can light a small city with my board

Quote Originally Posted by MontyBMan View Post
    Ok, i have to ask, since i'm working on a similar switch setup for a difficult (read: cramped) build. do you just drop the brass sections in from inside the hilt and then slide the chassis in? Or do you have something more elaborate set up.
    Yes, the brass buttons are held in by the tactile switches. During installation, I held the section with the holes downward, and dropped the buttons into said holes. Then, I slid the chassis over the buttons, and the switches now hold them in place.
    "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whomever drinks the water I give him will never thirst."

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMace View Post
    Yes, the brass buttons are held in by the tactile switches. During installation, I held the section with the holes downward, and dropped the buttons into said holes. Then, I slid the chassis over the buttons, and the switches now hold them in place.
    That is what I figured. I've been looking at a specific way of doing it using screw posts as well to make it more secure... I've been trolling the threads here to see how people have done their switches as well. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MontyBMan View Post
    That is what I figured. I've been looking at a specific way of doing it using screw posts as well to make it more secure... I've been trolling the threads here to see how people have done their switches as well. Thanks!
    I used male/ female hex standoffs and cut and grinded the post off. Srews right on to the actuator of the switch with a little sanding filing.

Blog Entries

Nice build by the way darth mace. Looks great.

An amazing build! I love all the custom body work you did, and insides look super clean even though you mentioned cramped. I can hardly tell
    "A lightsaber is an interesting weapon. A blade unique in the history of warfare. A paradox, not unlike the Jedi who wield it: those peaceful warriors, who kill in the service of life. Have you ever noticed? The blade is round. It has no edge. But it is a lightsaber - which means it is nothing but edge. There is no part of this blade that does not cut. Curious, yes? Symbolic, one might say."
    ―Vergere