Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: My First MHS Project - IT'S DONE!!!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul
    how would i power the crystal chamber led? would i need a whole seperate batt pack or could i rig it so that the driver powers both leds?
    This would be easiest.
    which would be? seperate system or using teh existing one
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

crap, I meant using the same battery pack. Just resistor the crystal one.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Are you looking to use a lux for the crystal?

The way I did the last one was to throw a standard 5mm in the center of the heatsink that was upside down.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

btw congratz on getting your first mhs maul
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i don't have it yet CD, i will in like february
    James: i want either a lux 1-3 watt in it or a different recomendation that will work better

xwing: could ya possibly draw me up a quick diagram? i am not really following you on what to do

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

i know you dont have it right now just sayin congratz for gettin an mhs, future tense!
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

How are you going to mount the crystal?

The way I did it was that the blade LED was seated in the normal spot between the blade holder and extension. From there I flipped a heat sink and set it in between the extension and the ribbed section. As you can guess the crystal sat in the extension piece wedged in by the "fins" of each heatsink. I went with a 5mm LED set in the middle of the bottom blade holder and just fed it off of my power setup that I was using. Using a LUX will be very impressive and if you did a 3w saber with a 3w "crystal" you could put them on the same driver and be good to go. Just make sure you series them.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i was thinking i would use MC's crystal chamber and glue it or something into the emitter. the weird thing about my hilt is that both ends are a emitter. one is the crystal chamber and one is the blade holder. to hold the led i would just use the plain old heatsink and somehow get juice to it

btw i still don't know how i will seal off the bottom of the crystal chamber emitter. i don't know if tim could machine it with the top on. i'll have to ask him about it closer to the purchase date

Your project your planning sound very interesting Maul, I always liked how some peeps would put a crystal in their saber that has the possibility of lighting up, so when it does lights up it looks as though their crystal is exposed and glarring light off at its viewers. Just something else neat to awe friends with and to make them poo themselves and turn green with envy! lol

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i just realized somethin, my current design will be like 13 inches long might need to do a little modding to make it shorter.

and what, i am more of a in the closet kind of saber guy