Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My First MHS Project - IT'S DONE!!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I was actually thinking of some 123's in my "padawan". Since it will be even smaller than yours.

I bet someone has already done it but I'm planning on the smallest MHS. I'll have to evaluate my possibilities when the parts come. Definately a K2 setup though.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

smaller huh? bh/ff/pommel? I did that with a direct drive and a little 3volt battey that they use in a popular brand of security transmitters. It was way cute but I took it apart and did the other setup instead.

Look forward to seeing it.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by james3
    smaller huh? bh/ff/pommel?
    Yup, that'll be it. I'm going to bust up my hasbro Maul for the emitter and thinking of an overlay. Less derail and on Maul's subject...

Options you have, much to dicuss. I like these types of discussions.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Oh that is a really fun project.

Using an old Hasbro Maul huh? Wow, that is awesome. I think mine was used up a LONG time ago by the kids. Should make a very cool Padawn trainer though. (Bear clan if I am not mistaken)

Yeah, ITI which is now uhh...GE Interlogix I believe makes IMHO some of the best wireless stuff out there for regular commercial use. Anyway their trademark transmitter uses these little 3 volt lithiums that I think they call half aa or 1/3aa let me see...

Yep, Here is one source

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by james3
    If you want simple, go with Alkalines though. Everything is in the store ready to go.

A 3w green with Corbin's driver would be WAY BRIGHT! and cool.

Oh so many options. And I am in shock that xwing actually agrees with me :P
    i know this one sounds stupid but what does corbins board all do other than the C&L effect and the blade retract/extend effect?
    would i still be able to hook up MR sound with a buckpuck? if so, then a buckpuck might be my ticket since it is 1/2 as much as corbins board
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Corbin's is a PWM driver. Peak Width Modulator I believe... don't quote me on that acronym though. It basically alternates the current to the LED so fast you can't see it. In fact the LED is off 15% of the time that way.

It appears brighter and saves batteries all at once. A buckpuck wouldn't do that. Otherwise it doesn't have any other features...

By the time you are ready to buy I think Ultra's board will be out. Not sure if Tim will carry it but that would salve lots of this discussion. It will be $80 (about what Corbin's + MR) and have most if not all of those features.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Short answer is yes, using a buckpuck and MR works fine.
    The #1 thing that Corbin's board does for the blue/green family is overdrive them without overdriving them. By swinging the current really fast the LED thinks it is getting it's nominal current but the eye thinks it is brighter.
    The C&L is a big nice, The extend/retract may or may not be very noticable depending on your style of blade from what I understand.

I am not sure why hooking up a MR card to any setup would be that big of a deal but I may be missing something. Using a buckpuck would be pretty simple.
    Again, those are all options and really it is what you are looking to get out of it. I for one would LOVE to use a Corbin driver in a saber. Maybe, it is because I am always doing direct, buckpucks, and MRs but I think Corbin's is like having the good mojo! If this is going to be YOUR saber, isn't it worth a little extra love?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

yes, it is worth extra love but right now i am guestimating it at like 200$$$ plus all the custom work taht i will do.
    xwing: so ultra's board will have sound with the sensors and do what corbins does. now ya got me interested
    we shall see how it all plays out

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

how would i power the crystal chamber led? would i need a whole seperate batt pack or could i rig it so that the driver powers both leds?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul
    how would i power the crystal chamber led? would i need a whole seperate batt pack or could i rig it so that the driver powers both leds?
    This would be easiest.

Also, yes. Ultra's will have sound and the features of Corbin's. Juries out until we can actually get a hold of one, but it's promising at least.
    RED LEADER Standing by!