Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: My First MHS Project - IT'S DONE!!!

its so far a better saber than that of mine.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

well thank'ee CD
    now that i have the design roughed out i need to think about a switch box...any ideas? i'm drawin a blank
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

use the luke switch box tim sells here. its perfect and if you wanna make the clamp either use sheet alumminum and cut it out or get a graflex clamp on ebay.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

the only problem is that i already have a luke saber and i think it would look kinda stupid on my saber stand to have two of the same boxes on the sabers. also, the luke one doesn't really fit my design.

my one idea was to have tim machine a hole in the ribbed extension and put the switch there. but, to do that i would also need him to leave out the hole on the extendor piece

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

hmmmm then i really think you should get creative on this one or get a graflex clamp on ebay and buy a bubble strip or a computer chip strip and get creative on this one.

If you want us to get a picture of what your thinking of, you can go to the old storefront and use the mhs builder to get the parts your thinking of in the order your thinking of, hit the print screen button, then open up a ms paint document, cut away all the extra, shrink it down sum, and go to image shack and upload and post it here. That would help us understand a lil more what your talking about, especially me, I need to sorta see it to understand what kinds of mods and things you want to do to it

EDIT: Well if your talking about the V-groove, you can substitute the normal ribbed extention and just say that your planning on using the V-groove, they are the same length in inches' if any of the other parts arent there then i guess its impossible.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

but, the old mhs builder only has 1/2 of my parts since i am using some newer ones that never got uploaded

Council Member
    Sith Lord

sorry for the double post but,

how will my sound be heard? should i drill holes in the hilt somewhere like Chaos did on his saber? i was also thinking that i could drill holes into the heatsink to let the sound go through but i think the crystal might block all the sound. any thoughts/opinions

Ryma Mara

I was thining something like on the last two grooves in the hilt drill tiny holes all around and then figure out how to mount it inbetween thoes two grooves, to mask the holes you could take some black cloth around to "hide" the holes a little bit.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

UPDATE
    i have my design mapped out now.
    for the saber i will have pommel 3, then it will be the double threaded female style two(the one with the grooves) and then the V-grooved extension with emitter four and claws.

the crystal chamber will now be in the double threaded female section. it will have three slots that are 1/2 as long as the ones on emitter 4

emitter four will only have three slots instead of four so that way i can line up the claws perfectly.

for sound i will either do corbin's with mr or ultra's new board. it will be available in late february but there will be a presale. whichever is cheaper i will probably do. i sent a email to ultra asking how much the SB will cost. once he responds i'll make my decision.

any input welcome. i am afraid that i will run out of room with the corbin board/MR setup because of the crystal chamber. anyone who actually knows if i will please give input

EDIT - how would i wire it so that both leds are turned on/off with one switch?