Thread: Pre-Installed Resistors on PC3.5 Accent pads?

Default Pre-Installed Resistors on PC3.5 Accent pads?

Just got my goodie box from Tim today and I went straight to the PC3.5s and was kinda struck dumb. They have tiny little resistors on the accent pads, but I have no idea what kind they are. Is there anyway to find out or should I just remove them and be done with it? I checked the manual and I didn't see anything about there being pre-installed pads.

Quote Originally Posted by const View Post
    Just got my goodie box from Tim today and I went straight to the PC3.5s and was kinda struck dumb. They have tiny little resistors on the accent pads, but I have no idea what kind they are. Is there anyway to find out or should I just remove them and be done with it? I checked the manual and I didn't see anything about there being pre-installed pads.
    If you didn't specifically ask for the pads to be bridged, they are likely just be 1 ohm resistors placed there to bridge the pads for you. Someone likely saved you a lot of work.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Okay, I think I need 1.1ohm resistors and I don't know what wattage they are. I need to take at least one off for an illuminated switch. Thanks!

I would ask what those are before you just remove them. The wattage shouldn't matter, for a switch, you should only need 1/8W.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

I had a PC come with pre-installed resistors, which I saw as one of the advantages of TCSS. They could be removed, but you'll need them if you use an accent LED. Plus, the resistors already installed take up no extra space, but an inline resistor--especially four--require quite a bit of space.

When I got a PC, mine came with 0 Ohm straps that looked like resistors, so there was no need to bridge them.