Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tri-cree r/g/rb + recharge port + AV switch + NBv2.0 + FoC pex (basic saber build)

apologies for the newb question, but just wanted to make sure i was reading the diagram right, as I am planning a purple saber build. Firstly, am I correct in assuming the black and grey circle is the recharge port? And secondly, the Red and Blue LED's look to be wired in parallel with a resistor on the positive lead of the Red LED. Would there be any advantage in wiring these two in serial?

Thanks for your time!

A 3.7 volt battery will not power 2 LEDs in serial. I don't think the Nano Biscotte is designed for that either.

Ah, figured i'd have to change power supplies if I wanted to wire in serial, but didn't realize that about the soundboard. Thanks! I'll stick with parallel, just thought I'd ask. appreciate the quick reply!

Yeah, voltage limit on an NB is 5.5V so you won't want to use a different power supply.

And even if that wasn't the case, you would kinda be worse off doing this in serial. Some people resist their reds more than their blues in purple mixes to keep the blade from being too pink. I'm guessing that's why the red die in the diagram has a resistor but I would have put a resistor on both just for safety reasons.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.