Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: battery trouble? need help please

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Time to break out your multimeter and check the voltage of your batteries both after they've been fully charged, and then after they've apparently discharged in the saber.

You should be reading about 4.2v fully charged. They'll drop to 3.7v reasonably quickly. I forget what the cutoff point is. 2.something volts I believe.
    this is a great idea, i can try this when i get home today! i noticed on my battery charger there is a 3V and 4.2V setting. it was on the 3V setting .....maybe this has a big factor to do with my problem. going to charge them at the 4.2 setting and see if that makes a differance.

as well as check them before/after charge =) thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    Hi. You need to put a resistor on your LED circuit or it will draw too much current through the board. that'll cause all kinds of mishaps, like constant swing sounds, etc... Can eventually burn up your sound board. For red LED's dont rely on the Drive setting in the config file, use a resistor. I had the same problem and a resistor (1 ohm 1 watt) cleared it right up.
    good idea! i will test out my batteries first and if i continue to have this issue i will add that resistor.

thank you for your help =)

Quote Originally Posted by ActionBastard6969 View Post
    this is a great idea, i can try this when i get home today! i noticed on my battery charger there is a 3V and 4.2V setting. it was on the 3V setting .....maybe this has a big factor to do with my problem. going to charge them at the 4.2 setting and see if that makes a differance.

as well as check them before/after charge =) thank you
    This is most likely your issue. 3v is below the threshold for the NB to function, and really close to the cut-off voltage for most typical Li-ion cells, which is usually 2.4v. Once a Li-ion cell drops below 3.7volts, it falls off quickly.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.