Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you secure the Carbon fiber blade in your hilt so you can use it to duel with

Question How do you secure the Carbon fiber blade in your hilt so you can use it to duel with

I designed a hilt and ordered it with a carbon fiber blade to use for dueling, as of now i secure the blade by a clever use of duct tape but i was wondering if there is a more efficient method or a part that i should've ordered. The only reducer piece I found only reduces the hilt to 3/4 an inch and the blade is smaller than that. And I don't want to order anything fancier than the carbon fiber blade, I don't need any of that i'm going to add effects to it via After Effects.

If you find it, tell me. I'm about to get some carbon fiber blades of 3/4 inches, and I'll use the reducer or some thick blade sticked together... Is it a standard? I mean, the "filming carbon fiber blades" are that size or wider? I'm thinking about some 3d printed adapter, but I'm not sure of the resistance of that resin, but it could be a solution. The tape solution is valid and will absorb a great part of the strike vibrations, consider it too.

Yeah the tape does work and i do recommend it if you don't have any other options, but it does have it's problems and I will be sure to let you know if i find anything

Tim is planning on carrying an adapter in the store soon.

For now - I would try a combination of blade tube and PVC pipe from a hardware store to make an adapter.

That's a nice suggestion, I'll give it a try, thank you!

Triston2020, do you have any rotoscoping test with the carbon fiber blade? I'm still looking for the perfect OD, I would have bet for the 3/4", but thinner is better?

Corey Vidal used thick walled 1" blades because he hates the flex in other types from a filming point of view.

https://youtu.be/1qYfQv5Ow2k

https://youtu.be/4em9zADlYS4

Wait, were those just LED-lit blades, not after-effects?

Quote Originally Posted by HugeC View Post
    Wait, were those just LED-lit blades, not after-effects?
    I think he using the LED lite blade as well as an after effect to enhance. I could be wrong though.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

Quote Originally Posted by MrCafe View Post
    I think he using the LED lite blade as well as an after effect to enhance. I could be wrong though.
    Correct