Thread: Using a Z6 RGB?

Default Using a Z6 RGB?

Hello everyone! I am currently planning a multi-color saber build, and I was wondering how to make the brightest possible blade. So after some google-fu, I found this. Is it possible to wire this LED to a Prizm or Petit Crouton soundboard?

Thanks so much!
    -Moonpopper
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 04-04-2015 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Link removed - FJK

Quote Originally Posted by moonpopper87 View Post
    Hello everyone! I am currently planning a multi-color saber build, and I was wondering how to make the brightest possible blade. So after some google-fu, I found this. Is it possible to wire this LED to a Prizm or Petit Crouton soundboard?

Thanks so much!
    -Moonpopper
    Those should be able to be used with a Prizm, but not the PC. As par as "brightest blade" part of your statement goes the new Tri-Cree LEDs that are sold here in the store would do just fine for your purposes.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 04-04-2015 at 08:40 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Those should be able to be used with a Prizm, but not the PC. As par as "brightest blade" part of your statement goes the new Tri-Cree LEDs that are sold here in the store would do just fine for your purposes.
    Thanks so much! After looking at the prizm manual, I assume that I just bridge the positive solder pads to one another and negative pads to one another in order to connect them to the board?

I'm not familiar with how the Z6 gets wired up, just that it uses a common anode, and how it performs against other LED solutions. That is a product that isn't sold here in the store.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

As FJK said, the tri Crees from the store will be brighter, due to having more balanced optics and using better emitters.

Quote Originally Posted by cvsickle View Post
    As FJK said, the tri Crees from the store will be brighter, due to having more balanced optics and using better emitters.
    Okay. I will probably go with a tri-cree then! Thank you all for the help!