Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone converted a Luke ANH?

Default Anyone converted a Luke ANH?

I know this topic revives from time to time, but I haven't found an answer.

I'd like to convert a Luke ANH (MR, 2005) that I have a chance to buy.
    But why buy it if I can't convert it? So...

Rumor has it that one of the Anakin kits can be modded to fit.

Can anyone here tell me if they know of someone who's converted one of these sabers and how they went about it?

Tha is for any light you can shed on the topic!
    So certain are you; always with you it cannot be done.
    Hear you nothing that I say?

http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc...deTutorial.pdf
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...Hardware-Saber
    ---------------------

yeah i was in the same situation. i had a mr 2007 luke anh fx lightsaber and i bought the anakin rots blade holder in hopes that it would work but it requires modding skills i dont have.
    the best way to convert it is to use the orginal blade holder. like this

http://www.saberproject.de/en/sabers...#disassembling
    Last edited by emperor Vader; 04-29-2015 at 05:46 PM.

How is there not enough demand for a kit of this to be made? Lol just saying.
    anyone else agree?

The hobby has evolved quote a bit. Conversion kits are not as in demand as they use to be. If someone wants an accurate Luke or whatever, there are places where it can be found. The stuff found in stores are just that, toys for the most part.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Tim did look into having a kit in the store for that saber, but the way it would have to have been made was cost prohibitive.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I think you will not find tutorials out there, and yes is really HARD to do.
    Already disassemble saber, got the anakin conversion kit but need to fill to fit on the hilt.

Once i finish it will post the process.

20150511_145707.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jdos View Post
    I think you will not find tutorials out there, and yes is really HARD to do.
    Already disassemble saber, got the anakin conversion kit but need to fill to fit on the hilt.

Once i finish it will post the process.

20150511_145707.jpg
    Do you recall which conversion kit you used? I think that they have different inner diameters. One requires sanding, the other requires shimming, like yours.

I remember posting a tutorial somewhere, must have been on FX-SABERS. Either that, or I took the pictures and never got around to writing it up. :/

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jay, I have a mr 2007 I plan to convert with the Anakin holder. Is that the tutorial you're referring to?