Thread: Green Tri-Cree test fail?

Default Green Tri-Cree test fail?

Hey guys,

What is the best method for testing the 2 greens of a Tri-cree when wired in series?

Last night I wired mine up in series, quick and easy (much easier then the Engins), but when I tested it, they would not light up.
    At first I used 2 rechargeable AAs (only 2.4v total), and though the problem was from not having enough voltage.
    So I tested with 1 Li-ion (3.7v) and they still didn't work.
    In the end I wired them in parallel and they could be tested and worked with both methods.

So, am I somehow wiring this wrong? It's so easy and strait forward, I can't imagine that's the case.
    Or, is 3.7v, for testing, not enough to get any light form an LED circuit needing 7v?
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yin View Post
    Or, is 3.7v, for testing, not enough to get any light form an LED circuit needing 7v?
    Well, since 3.7V is way less than 7V needed to work, I would say that was your issue. When you run things in series, you need the proper voltage to make it work.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Not enough voltage for series.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Not totaly sure but I don't think the 3.7. Is enough to get them to light in series. I could be wrong but being that the required voltage is almost double what you tried to use it doesn't seem likely that it would be enough. If you have the resistors try a test with a 7.4v pack and see.

Cool, thanks for the quick replies.
    Now that I've got the connector wiring finished, I can rewire back to series and just plug it into my board to test.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!