Thread: Single Cree vs Tri-Rebel

Default Single Cree vs Tri-Rebel

This is comparison of a single Cree and a Tri-rebel so two rebels vs one cree.
    This is my color mixing saber with a CF 6.1 and CEX (Royal blue Green Red), and my friend's Tri-Rebel with a Nano v2
    green comparison.jpg

left is a Cree and right is a Tri-Rebel.

Just thought Id show how the Crees compare. To me cree seems a little brighter.
    Last edited by Star Bird; 03-31-2015 at 12:35 AM.
    I can light a small city with my board

Quote Originally Posted by Star Bird View Post
    Just thought Id show how the Crees compare. To me cree seems a little brighter.
    They are. That's why the store started carrying them in place of the Tri-Rebels.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 03-30-2015 at 05:13 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I think its awesome a cree color mixing saber can slightly brighter then the one color rebel saber. Then obviously even brighter when you mix colors

so, is your Cree a single Cree or a Tri-cree...you say it's a single, then go on to mention that your saber is a color mixer with a CF 6.1/CEx (Red,Green, Royal Blue)? the best thing to do when making a comparison is to also to use two sabers with the exact same set ups for powering the led, same style of blade, and same length of blade, are both led's sets getting the same amount of current, etc. There are too many differing factors in your comparison for it to be fair, even though I agree the Crees are brighter. Those two blades look about the same to me in the picture.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    so, is your Cree a single Cree or a Tri-cree...you say it's a single, then go on to mention that your saber is a color mixer with a CF 6.1/CEx (Red,Green, Royal Blue)? the best thing to do when making a comparison is to also to use two sabers with the exact same set ups for powering the led, same style of blade, and same length of blade, are both led's sets getting the same amount of current, etc. There are too many differing factors in your comparison for it to be fair, even though I agree the Crees are brighter. Those two blades look about the same to me in the picture.
    Thank you,I will be more clear the playing field is not level.

The differing factors are my color mixing saber the blade is 34in my friends is 36in, but they are both the same type of blade made from the same company. These are the only blades we have.(Maybe I will take a picture later today with the blades switched)

Another factor is my friends Nano has TWO rebels in parallel under direct drive and my color mixing saber has ONE cree being driven at 1000, but these are both under an 18deg Tri-Rebel/Cree Star Lens.
    Your right its not a fair comparison but I was just trying to show it seems ONE cree is about as bright as TWO rebels. I was just excited to see this for the first time so I'd thought I'd share.
    I've seen your post Jay-gon Jinn and I know you have a perfectly level playing field with your comparison.

Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to start an argument, just pointing out that simply putting them side by side is not a true comparison. I also don't recall doing a comparison between Cree and Rebel leds.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to start an argument, just pointing out that simply putting them side by side is not a true comparison. I also don't recall doing a comparison between Cree and Rebel leds.
    I didn't not think you were. I didn't take any offense to your post. Ive seen and admire your work and know you are much more experienced. After your comment I wanted to make sure I was not giving a false impression of what I posted. Im glad you pointed that out.

I'm pretty sure you have done comparisons with Tri-Rebels and Ledengines tho? maybe that wasn't you.

I recently bought a tri-cree to replace my 10w engin. Once I get it wired up, I'll try and post a pic comparing the tri-cree(GGW) vs. tri-rebel(GGW) vs. 10w engin(GGRB), running off a PC2.0.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yin View Post
    I recently bought a tri-cree to replace my 10w engin. Once I get it wired up, I'll try and post a pic comparing the tri-cree(GGW) vs. tri-rebel(GGW) vs. 10w engin(GGRB), running off a PC2.0.
    Cool!