Thread: My first saber: Luke's Odyssey

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up My first saber: Luke's Odyssey

I'm happy to introduce my personal approach to the Luke's ROTJ lightsaber (easy-to-handle-version):

Luke'sOdyssey.jpgcollage.jpg

The powder coating, the finish, the look & feel... It's awesome. Single handed or double handed. I'm soooo pleased with it (nobody's noticed, for sure)

Originally an empty hilt for FanFilm, I couldn't help to go further and got a green Cree single LED and the stuff to convert it to stunt occasionally. When I put the electronics I'll post some pictures with the blade.

I went for the 3/4'' blades for rotoscoping, they are thin and light weight, I'll leave some words after the durability test. Advice: the blade tip changes a lot (for good) the aerodynamic in fast movements, 110% recommended.

A very important thing that I've been seen missed in lots of saber builds is the weight distribution, and a thin choke to do easy spin. Be careful with those long thick sabers with a small pommel, you may have to ballast it to make it handy.

And why Luke's Odyssey? Well, take a look at the USPS tracking and tell me if it's not an Odyssey

Odyssey.jpg

A couple of pics of the iluminated blade plug and the 1" Thin walled Trans White PolyC (Green Cree XP-E2 single LED):

blade_plug.jpgiluminatiforum.jpg

And the Durability Test of the 3/4'' OD Thin Walled Polycarbonate Blade (went wrong):

Last edited by Lobezno; 03-29-2015 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Updating iluminated blade pictures and durability test video