Thread: Buckpucks vs. resistors

Default Buckpucks vs. resistors

Greets all...

Been searching and reading in the forums for months now, trying to find some solid information on the buckpucks, and I cannot seem to find anything concrete. I am in full understanding of what the description of a buckpuck is and its stated use. There are some references to them replacing resistors on the high power LEDs, but nothing specific, and certainly nothing in the way of a schematic for wiring.

For the internals of my saber, I have the following (so far):

- 1 Luxeon Quad LED
    - Aux LED for saber crystal chamber
    - CF 7.5
    - 2 AV Momentary switches (main and aux)
    - 2.1 Recharge port
    - R.I.C.E. port
    - 1000mA buckpuck 4wire
    - 7.4v Li-ion 2600mAh 18650 Battery Pack

I have read the CF7.5 manual front to back.

Three of the Quad LEDs will be for the standard blade lighting, while the 4th will be dedicated to the FOC. I understand all of the wiring on the CF for the main LEDs, the FOC LED and the Aux LED, the wiring for the recharge port and the R.I.C.E port wiring. What I cannot seem to find is where to place the buckpuck.

This is my first saber using the CF soundboard and using a buckpuck, and that is this complex in wiring.

Just looking for a little guidance, a schematic or even pointing me to a thread on a page somewhere that I might have missed. If I missed posting any information, please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Welcome!

If you're using a PC or a CF board, you don't need to use a buckpuck since those boards have built in current drivers for the main LEDs. So basically a buckpuck would be redundant in combination with either of those boards ... that's why you haven't been able to find information on wiring one with a CF
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    Welcome!

If you're using a PC or a CF board, you don't need to use a buckpuck since those boards have built in current drivers for the main LEDs. So basically a buckpuck would be redundant in combination with either of those boards ... that's why you haven't been able to find information on wiring one with a CF
    Well...that WOULD explain it....
    I guess I have an extra buckpuck for use in another non-CF saber...
    Thanks!