Thread: Very first saber build with electronics

Default Very first saber build with electronics

I have decided I want to build a Saber chock full of electronics. I have built a hilt with a blade that I duel with, but it had no need to light up. I also own a "Darksaber" that does light up but was built by someone else.
    All of the information here is soo overwhelming trying to dig through it all.
    First part I am doing is designing my electronics. My hilt design will be designed to work with the electronics.
    If I may share the components I am looking at, I could use feedback if there are any other options that would be better.
    I was thinking about the Crystal Focus but if the Petite Crouton will give me all the features, I would prefer that since it is readily available and I believe the CF is not available currently?
    I want to have a crystal chamber, auxillary LEDs, Multiple sound profiles, multiple color options.
    Here are the parts i was looking at so far.
    7.4v Li-ion 2600mAh 18650 Battery Pack
    Luxeon Tri-Rebel Star
    Petit Crouton Sound Module V3.5
    Premium 28mm Speaker
    I am interested in what I will NOT be able to o with these parts.

Thanks for any help. I am reading through a lot of threads, but i am afraid that I may have over looked something before i spend some money.

There's very little that you can do with the CF that you can't also do with the PC.

Big differences:
    Latest CF has 12 sound banks, while the PC 3.5 only has 6. That's still plenty in either case.
    CF has pads for 8 accent LEDs, while the PC only has 4.
    CF has support for more sound effects, like Stab and Spin. You'll need a CF7 optimized font for those added sounds.
    Both support color mixing, with and without the Color Extender board.

You'll be able to get the features you listed with either board.

Also, the Tri-Cree LEDs tend to run brighter than the Tri-Rebels. If brightness is a concern of yours, then I'd suggest swapping.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thank you. I see the CF are extremely hard to get, so I will probably use the PC.
    I will also switch to the Red/Green/Royal Blue Cree XP-E2 CopperNova.

I just found the Parts list thread, I will be digging into that.
    Is there an area for members to buy and sell parts they no longer need, like if they upgrade or something?

Not on these forums. You'd have to go elsewhere, like the FX-Sabers forums. There's a time/post count restriction for selling over there, but it's not hard to meet.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Just a heads up, all the boards are currently being made so the CF should be back in stock soon.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

Also, (I can't source this) but I've heard people saying that because the conversation rate between Euros and USD is very low right now, buying a CF is way cheaper than usual so it's supposedly a good time to buy it if you're going to get one. I would try to get one if I had the money but I don't.

Again, that's just hearsay, you can look into it if you're at all interested. I would love to have the spin sounds on a CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    Also, (I can't source this) but I've heard people saying that because the conversation rate between Euros and USD is very low right now, buying a CF is way cheaper than usual so it's supposedly a good time to buy it if you're going to get one. I would try to get one if I had the money but I don't.

Again, that's just hearsay, you can look into it if you're at all interested. I would love to have the spin sounds on a CF.
    I noticed those conversion rates and I hope to get in on this next batch. I really want the spin effect on my build.