Thread: First lightsaber questions

Question First lightsaber questions

Hello,
    I want to build my first lightsaber but I have 1 problem. I don't have a solder nor have I ever used one.
    Is it possible to build a standard lightsaber with no sound, without having to solder?

I think you can! Check out the Modular Wiring System parts in the store. They use JST connectors which you can put together without a soldering iron. You'd probably want to get an MWS buckpuck to drive your LED.

Force Aware

^^^ The MWS is pretty friendly to those who don't want to solder, but I would definitely recommend learning how to solder in the near future. An okay soldering iron for small electronics work is about 30-40 bucks and with that you can do just about anything saber-related. This way, you won't have to cram a bunch of JST connectors into your hilt!

That looks right to me! Make sure to get the right buckpuck for your LED; red & amber ones run at 700mA, others at 1000mA. Depending on the length & configuration of your hilt, you might also want to get a JST extension (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/JS...-AWG-P823.aspx for example) if there is a long distance you need to cover inside the hilt to get from the battery pack / buckpuck to the LED.