Thread: Video: Wiring a Momentary to latching converter

Default Video: Wiring a Momentary to latching converter

https://youtu.be/M6OUwGikWKg

Easier than you might expect. This is a great way to make any momentary switch/button into a latching switch.

Very easy to follow - thank you.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Hi Rob ,

I dont have the ability to make a wiring diagram at the moment but what I want to do is use a 12mm av momentary switch to replace the latching one on my Makoto string blade. my questions are do I need to wire a ground from the battery for the board ? and since its a string blade without a ground on a LED die to attach to will it cause a problem? how would you wire this ? 1543dbd7789d44.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Contrasteve View Post
    Hi Rob ,

I dont have the ability to make a wiring diagram at the moment but what I want to do is use a 12mm av momentary switch to replace the latching one on my Makoto string blade. my questions are do I need to wire a ground from the battery for the board ? and since its a string blade without a ground on a LED die to attach to will it cause a problem? how would you wire this ? 1543dbd7789d44.jpg
    That's a tricky one. I have not used a Makoto setup before, perhaps someone who has will chime in. It might be possible a couple different ways, but we'd need to know more about how the Makoto module is wired. Have you emailed him to ask?

the translation is difficult as is getting a hold of him. I can tell you that in one instance I substituted a capacitive touch sensor switch into another Makoto
    i have and just ran a ground from the battery compartment and it worked fine , I guess
    i'll give it a go and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
    That's a tricky one. I have not used a Makoto setup before, perhaps someone who has will chime in. It might be possible a couple different ways, but we'd need to know more about how the Makoto module is wired. Have you emailed him to ask?
    Ok, so to use this Momentary to Latching convertor with Makoto's system is pretty straight forward . I ran a ground from the battery compartment to the ground in on the converter board, then I disconnected the 2 leads from the supplied latching switch to the V in and V out. then for the led on the switch I used the second V out with a resistor and Ground out. If it does not power on right away change the polarity on the board connection.
    Last edited by Contrasteve; 06-08-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Excellent!

Thanks for posting the result.