Thread: Just the heatsink LED holder

Blog Entries

Default Just the heatsink LED holder

I have a custom machined hilt. I will not need the entire LED/blade holder assembly as the hilt already has a emitter/blade holder. I did not see the heatsink portion of the blade holder assembly sold seperately in the store. Can that piece be purchased seperately? Can it be machined to a specific diameter?

Thanks.

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

It is not it is machined in to the opposite side of the Plate at the bottom of the emitter that holds the Led.

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

Blog Entries

Gforce13, I understand the heatsink fins are machined into the aluminum that you mount the LED on. Let me try a picture since that would seem to convey it better.

I want to buy just this:

(obviously, I would have to buy the Star seperately)

Which would be just the heatsink portion of the blade holder assembly. Preferably machined down to a specific diameter.

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

send me a e-mail..I think I have a extra

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

So, basically the heat expands over the extra piece of metal so it will cool faster, Am I right? Is there any other ways to do this with parts from a hard where store or something?

Zack[8D]

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yup, that's what a heatsink does. Building yourself one is probably more hassle than it's worth (It could be done though with metal sheets and washers though). Using a CPU heatsink is about the only other worthwhile option.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Thanks for the tip, once I get all the parts I need for my saber, I will try and come up with somthing.

Zack

Hm. Does Tim still make these, or has he focused his attention to purely the MHS version? I have a handle already, but I screwed up my heatsink and bladeholder pieces; I saw the non-MHS version of the heatsink/bladeholder on ASAP and now I'm kicking myself for not acting when he first introduced them.

A Jedi gains power through understanding; a Sith gains understanding through power.