Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trim Ring On Blade Holder?

Default Trim Ring On Blade Holder?

So can this be done? I was gonna use blade holder 3 and trim ring 2 like neat the top of the blade holder for a design I'm going to try and achieve but wanted info first before making any mistakes on this. Thanks for the help =] This is just an idea though but I hope it would work because I think you guys will like my final design
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

The threading for a bladeholder is designed to hold the LED heatsink in place between the BH and whatever downstream component you screw it in to. Adding a trim ring would allow the LED/headsink module to rattle around inside the housing. I suppose that you could pack something inside to keep the rattling down if you really wanted to go this route.

Well, there's the new clocking washers, but you may need quite a few... You could probably find an O-ring which would do the trick.

You can remove the locking ring from the inside of the trim ring with a dremel or some hand files. Then just attach it to the BH with epoxy.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Give this a try.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/In...ring-P965.aspx

Handy little o-ring with a ton of uses. I'm building a saber right now with a heatsink mounted into a normal MHS piece (not a blade holder) and this guy is the perfect size to keep the heat sink centered.

No I mean can I slide the trim ring on the blade holder, like the top part where the blade comes out? Not in between the blade holder and body. I'm going for a specific look if this would be possible. If not I will just do a simpler build

You'd have to remove the lip from the inside of the trim ring so that it would slide over the blade holder's diameter. And you'd also need to drill a hole in it for a set screen to hold it in place.

Meh. Too complicated for me then. Also I just decided a lightsaber isn't a lightsaber without sound so I'm gonna save up a bit more for Nano sound at least =] What stock fonts are on it though? Light, Grey, and dark Meat? Or is it just 2 fonts of choice? If so I'll probably keep the Grey Meat font on and get another Jedi font on. Then what else would be needed besides a battery pack of some type? I'm thinking 14500 pack or 14550 if 500 is out of stock. I'm gonna try the new rebel lime green color. looks amazing from what I've seen from a buddy of mine that has one

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Meh. Too complicated for me then. Also I just decided a lightsaber isn't a lightsaber without sound so I'm gonna save up a bit more for Nano sound at least =] What stock fonts are on it though? Light, Grey, and dark Meat? Or is it just 2 fonts of choice? If so I'll probably keep the Grey Meat font on and get another Jedi font on. Then what else would be needed besides a battery pack of some type? I'm thinking 14500 pack or 14550 if 500 is out of stock. I'm gonna try the new rebel lime green color. looks amazing from what I've seen from a buddy of mine that has one
    Read the manual.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I understand it now. I'm just gonna do a stunt build for now though when I get to the pointCS4.jpg
    Starkiller inspired. I'll probably leather wrap the grip and get these metal pieces at Lowe's I saw on a build on another forum recently, like thin metal strip things