Thread: first sabers suggestions needed please

Default first sabers suggestions needed please

Ok here I go I'm making sabers for myself my wife and daughter for an annual battl/cookout we will be attending and I need some suggestions to get what I want I know I want latching switches so they don't turn off mid battle the only sounds I want are power up/down swing/hum and clash the hills will be mad from 1" pic parts so I need a speaker that will fit that and a sound board slash driver that will give me the sounds and effects I want without breaking the bank all help greatly appreciated!!!!
    BEING DARK DOSEN'T MAKE YOU EVIL JUST... MISUNDERSTOOD

Well, If you are going to have sound, the NB used momentary, not latching switches. I suggest you go through the MHS builder, make some designs and use NB's plus whatever color LED you want to make your sabers.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Having a momentary switch means that the saber will turn off as soon as pressure is removed from the switch right? Or is there a circuit on the NB that prevents that random making my hills from pic a previously stated also can the nb run a tri reb wired in parallel to produce purple or does it not have enough power?
    Last edited by darkjedimaster07; 03-16-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkjedimaster07 View Post
    Having a momentary switch means that the saber will turn off as soon as pressure is removed from the switch right? Or is there a circuit on the BBC that prevents that random making my hills from pic a previously stated also can the Bruins tri reb wired in parallel to produce purple or does it not have enough power?
    I can barely make out what you are trying to say. If (and that is a big IF) you are using a soundboard that is offered in the store, than it will deal with the momentary switch, and you won't have to hold it down. I haven't seen any hilt designs from you. If it is in a different post, you should repost it when you start a thread like this so people can follow along.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you fjk and I have not posted any designs I had just mentioned in my initial post that I was using pvc and not mhs parts I apologize for the confusion auto correct changed pvc to pic I will be sure to proofread in the future

Run-on sentences are not your friends. Use periods and we'll be able to follow along more easily.

The Nano Biscotte uses a momentary switch. Don't worry, the board will keep the power flowing until you press it again. You won't need to hold the button down.

The NB can provide enough power to run the Red and Blue dice of a Tri-Rebel in parallel. I would highly recommend using an 18650 sized li-ion battery. Some of the smaller sizes may have issues providing enough current to run that setup (especially with FoC).
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

My most sincere apologies. I was typing in a hurry on my tablet. Thank you all for the information. I look forward to sharing my progress with you all as I start this build. One final question on components. Should I use the 20 or 28 mm speaker in these sabers? The id of the hilts is 1". I know they are both close to that size. Again thank you all for your help and advise.

1 inch is 25.4mm. The 28mm speaker is unlikely to fit.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!