Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saber 1 and done

Great work. E57 would be proud.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Very Cool, thanks for the guide!

I'm impressed that is a very slick design. The use of the two emitters is very creative. Just so this can be said aloud again (been said here many times) this hobby is very addictive. Not so much the "i gotta build a new saber", as "how can I find a way to build a saber"
    I do think you covered the latter very well. Excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by Noyl Wendor View Post
    I'm impressed that is a very slick design. The use of the two emitters is very creative. Just so this can be said aloud again (been said here many times) this hobby is very addictive. Not so much the "i gotta build a new saber", as "how can I find a way to build a saber"
    I do think you covered the latter very well. Excellent work.
    Thats exactly what it is, I keep taking the parts I like the least and thinking, "how can I make this work" The saber im working on now has I think 3 parts that I never thought I would use.

WOW! Wonderful job man! I might be borrowing this idea for my saber! quick question though... how far does the blade go in?

Thanks man, the blade goes in just about 3" only down side to that emitter build is having to use the 7/8 blade, it is light and great for costume and spinning, but anything more than light sparing and you will trash the blades. That being said I have no regrets doing it this way.

But, that being said, would the emitter be able to withstand dueling? (With a thick walled blade?)

I love the double Emitter idea! Excellent!

What I would also very much like to know more about is how you machine the fitting shroud? It fits and is aligned to the OD of the 1st emitter and to the extension below it so smootly, is that a custom shroud or does Tim sell now thicker walled sink tubes?

very cool saber, way to think outside of the box with that double emitter combo. def fit a round peg into square hole with style on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ricochettinman View Post
    But, that being said, would the emitter be able to withstand dueling? (With a thick walled blade?)
    Until I find a 7/8th thick wall, as they dont sell them here, I have no way to know for sure, that being said I have tried to break it, no dice, thing is solid.