Thread: RGB LED Controler doubt

Default RGB LED Controler doubt

Ok, first of all hi, i'm new here!

Secondly, i just installed an rgb LED on my lightsaber one as such: https://solarbotics.com/product/LED-RGB-Star43CD/
    And i wanted for it to be able to change colour until i get a Nano Biscotte or a Petit Crouton this summer, since i want to add sound eventually, so i came up with this thing:
    http://www.ledlightmake.com/led-cont...ver-p-244.html but i think it might be too much for the led to handle or it might not even work

So the question is, adding a resistor would make it viable? If so what kind of resistor?

Also i use a 4 AA batteries pack

I don't know if i made myself clear, i don't really know much about electronics, i hope you guys can help me with this...

First off, Welcome to the Forums.

I doubt that controller will work, as it looks like it needs 12V to operate. You will likely need to wait until you can get a PC (NB's are not designed to do color changing).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Oh well, thought that much, too good to be true. Also that clears the doubt of NB or PC, it will be PC all the way... Thank you very much

you could set up a small slider switch on the inside of your hilt that will allow you to switch between blade colors I've seen it done I can't seem to find the link for it but he had it set up to where there was a 3 Way slider switch just inside the pommel so when you unscrew the Pomo he could flip the switch between the three colors. it added a little bit of wire to the overall plane which if you don't have a whole lot of space could be an issue but with some careful cram fu you should probably be able to make it work
    Last edited by atharp; 02-27-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atharp View Post
    you could set up a small slider switch on the inside of your hilt that will allow you to switch between blade colors I've seen it done I can't seem to find the link for it but he had it set up to where there was a 3 Way slider switch just inside the pommel so when you unscrew the Pomo he could flip the switch between the three colors. it added a little bit of wire to the overall plane which if you don't have a whole lot of space could be an issue but with some careful cram fu you should probably be able to make it work
    The MAJOR difference here is the person who did that is extremely well versed in electronics, as opposed to the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by Nazduk View Post
    I don't know if i made myself clear, i don't really know much about electronics.
    For people who are DIY'ers AND who are new to the community, we strongly recommend that people use the right product for the right job. As I perviously said, "color changing" is NOT what the NB was designed for. The NB is an "entry level" board. Prizms, PC and up are a completely different subject.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com