Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: MHS Jaina Solo lightsaber project

I think it looks cool as it is.
    Personal choice really, but i'm not a huge fan of too much detail on my sabers. You're supposed to dazzle your opponent with funky moves/twists/turns and leaps, not sparkles and glitter on your hilt!!!!

Simpler = better

Replicas like Sidious or Mace i'll allow in my collection on the grounds that they ARE replicas, but too flash custom jobbies really aren't for me. But again that's just my choice.

i prefer:

Functionality=better

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

Well, you know what I mean. Having a simple hilt allows for better movement and greater freedom in you hands, some just go OTT on studs/ buttons/ o-rings etc. so the end result is abit clunky when you're swinging it around.
    Mine will have a couple of extra screws as decoration, not too much IMO (4 to be exact, one of those holding blade)
    Plain, simple and functional for me.

Each to their own, as they say.....
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Thanks Barmic.

I am actually right there with you on that line of thinking. When I am on a roll building hilts I prefer to use the K.I.S.S. method as well. There is beauty in simplicity. I will admit that part of the reason this project has gone so slow is that I really like it as it is as well. The hilt is very well balanced and is a real joy to spin and swing. Other then the addition of the clunky switch box though, I would say that pretty much it is more paint then anything at this point. I am just waiting for the temps to get back up.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"