Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Exiled my first saber build

I hate the USPS. The tracking said the expected eelivery date was today but it didn't come. I was so amped to get this saber built. Now I have to wait another day. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I hate waiting.

Well I got it finished. Now I juat nee to get it painted the way I want but it looks good so far
    CAM00314.jpg

CAM00315.jpg

CAM00317.jpg

IMG_20150226_222601.jpg
    Last edited by atharp; 02-26-2015 at 08:31 PM.

i like it Looks good
    check your email

Thanks I so can wait to get this painted and possibly ecthed. I want this to be a one of a kind saber.

I actually like the red blade with the silver hilt look to be honest. Looks good and menacing for sure
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

The hilt is 13.9 inches long and the blade is 30 inches(32 with 2 in the holder). I like the silver too I juat want to add a few black accents to give it a more uniform look. And i have a custom logo that I want to have etched/painted (which ever I can do easier) on the backside of the 3" double female, oppisite the button. And some aurebesh text in a few places to make it more unique.
    Last edited by atharp; 03-18-2015 at 05:47 AM.

So I found a cool way to do simple etching with out having to dip your whole piece into a solution. https://byo.com/stories/issue/item/3...ettle-projects
    This link gives instructions to do etching using a cotton swab. Now you wouldn't be able to do large, intricate designs this way with out a ton of work. But if you need to etch small lines or even some fine details in your hilt this will work perfectly. If you want to have a slower more controllable etch use a low voltage/amp. I use a 12v 500ma power supply and was able to etch a very precise line into a test piece with about 20 swipes. It wasn't very deep but was clearly seen. This option is good if you don't want to take the chance of screwing up a piece. I have been scared to plung my main hilt piece into an etching tank. I am just worried about my reaist not working and thsn having the whole piece destroyed. I don't have the money to replace it. Since my etching is mainly straight lines this option allowes me to etch them and not have to worry about damaging the whole piece. As long as I get my tape/vinyl straight and well attached I will have no issues. So wish me luck and I will post pica when I get it done.