Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exiled my first saber build

Default Exiled my first saber build

This is my first saber build. I am waiting on delivery so all I have are renders. What I like is the many options I have for assembly. I can make many different looks with the same parts.

base saber.jpg
    IMG_20150220_205024.jpg
    IMG_20150220_205046.jpg

OK if anyone can help me figure out which paint to use(one not baked on) to paint this. will I need a primer and if so which. I have been looking for days and am so lost.
    Last edited by atharp; 02-24-2015 at 06:35 PM.

No one has an opinion on my first build? Maybe after the parts arrive and I get it assembled more people will have something to say. I was just looking for some kind of input on the look.

Oh and does anyone know the exact inner diameter of the choke style 1 and the grooved extension? If so please post for me.

Welcome to the Forums.

People don't always post immediately once someone posts something around here.

The chokes have an ID of .8" and the ribbed section ID is 1.15".

Being able to re-arrange things without electronics inside is a great feature of the MHS system. However, once you get electronics inside, it does become quite a bit harder. Typically, people come up with a design they like (and can execute) and that becomes the finished saber.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Welcome to the Forums.

People don't always post immediately once someone posts something around here.

The chokes have an ID of .8" and the ribbed section ID is 1.15".

Being able to re-arrange things without electronics inside is a great feature of the MHS system. However, once you get electronics inside, it does become quite a bit harder. Typically, people come up with a design they like (and can execute) and that becomes the finished saber.
    Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I am pretty set one one of tthe layouts but I plan to use JST connections everywhere so I can add extenders if I need to to move things arround. I have done some custom wiring on a few elaborate custom computer towers so I know the headachs that can arise if you don't plan ahead. This being a stunt saber makes it a bit easier since I don't have to worry about a speaker and sound board. But again thanks for the welcome.

welcome

being a stunt saber, you should be ok for rearranging, but once a few more things are added, those JST connectors start to take up a lot of space fast!

Good luck on the build, and not a bad design, longer than I like personally, but to each his own, enjoy it, and brace your wallet!
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

Ahhhhhhhhhh I hate waiting on stuff. I am so impatient. I wish I would have had the money for overnight shipping. But I would still have to wait for them to actually ship it.I know it takes time to get orders together but I hate waiting. I feel like a kid the night before christmas.

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Waiting can be such a pain in the 6. Look forward to seeing pics of the assembled saber once the parts arrive.
    Sean

SciFiHero.net Member; SG Operations Home of SG-Socom Member

Does anyone know where I can get vinyl cut for custom etching? I want to do some elaborate etching designs and It is to complex to try and use tape. I plan to use salt etching as I have in the past. I have just never done this complex of stuff. Here are some of the ideas I have for etching and powder coating.

Exiled.jpg

Exiled blue.jpg

Exiled red.jpg

yay my parts are on the way. they should be here in like 2 days. I so can't wait