Thread: Is my part "defective"?

Default Is my part "defective"?

I have a 7" main body piece and a internal system made with TCSS chassis parts. The chassis WILL NOT fit inside at all. I've done a ridiculous amount of sanding both inside the part and on the chassis disks. The fit is so tight, it's as if they do not belong together. Any ideas? Is the ID maybe off and not perfectly rounded. I've exausted all options and ideas at this point.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The ID on these parts is not bored out by us so we are relying on the manufacturers to make the tubing to spec. Evidently this has been a issue lately as you are the second person to report this issue lately. Unless you are the same person who has sent me E-mails about this . The only solution is to get you a new tube or make you smaller chassis discs assuming you are using only the acrylic ones. Please send me a E-mail to sales@thecustomsabershop.com and we can come up with a solution.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Tim I also had an issue with this I had to do a ton of sanding on the disks, and the nuts to get my chassis to fit. And then it was still overly tight.

Nope. I'm not that first guy Tim. Email sent.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

I had one that had an off center bore too. This was several months ago. I ended up not using the piece in a hilt, so I wasn't worried about it. Just an FYI.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

One of the things we started to do is bore out the first inch or so on each female section so that when using speaker mounts, etc there should not be any issues. This does not solve the issue with the chassis discs however. We did have a issue with material lately so hopefully we can get this all sorted out.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop