Thread: Wireless technology?

Blog Entries

Default Wireless technology?

Has anybody experimented with wireless tech in sabers? If you can hook your TV up to Bose speakers wirelessly, why not connect your saber to an external speaker wirelessly? Imagine how awesome the sound could be! Also, what about a wireless R.I.C.E interface? Finally, wouldn't it be cool if your saber could "sense" a disturbance in the force, i.e., a Bluetooth or wireless connection to a rumble motor that activated in you sabr whenever another saber was nearby...or even on the same network. Maybe if my phone and my saber spend enough time together, they'll spawn a hybrid saber with wireless features (but without all the other useless stuff).

It has been looked at over the years, but it hasn't been practical to implement in any meaningful way.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

If memory serves, Erv used to have something similar called Omnisaber which worked with sound systems for on stage performances, I don't recall if it was bluetooth or some other form of wireless connection though.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Oh it's being seriously considered. Nothing to report yet, but I'm sure there will be some wireless features in the future.

I, for one, would love a bluetooth serial PCB of some sort to wire to the TX/RX pads on the Plecter Boards. Then connect it to my PC... OR... SMARTPHONE (if Erv' were to create such an app) to wirelessly change the board settings, just as you would with RICE. Obviously, that would be awesome.

I saw it in action, on their stage performances Saber Project from Germany already have wireless conenction to their surround system, so this is not a dream, but a reality. They even showed me their chassis, the speaker can be exchanged with a wireless module which communicates with the audio setup they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi1 View Post
    I saw it in action, on their stage performances Saber Project from Germany already have wireless conenction to their surround system, so this is not a dream, but a reality. They even showed me their chassis, the speaker can be exchanged with a wireless module which communicates with the audio setup they have.
    That's the Omnisaber module that Jay-Gon mentioned.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks FJK, probably you are right, but alas I do not know the details what they put in. Nevertheless certainly impressive.

It would be cool to have a remote control rumbling, mimicking from ESB when Luke's saber rattles its way free from the ice in the Wampa monster's lair.

Blog Entries

Treadmills have heart rate sensors. Apparently these sensors can be wired to animate LEDs and other electronics. What if there was a biosensor on a hilt and it was interfaced with a LED so that it pulsed in cadence with your heart rate? Talking about the Living Force! That's making a saber very personal. Crazy idea, I know. With Episode VII coming out, people are going to be pushing the envelope.