Thread: How to: White Blade w/ Blue FoC ::Any Recommendations?::

Question How to: White Blade w/ Blue FoC ::Any Recommendations?::

Hey SaberSmiths,

I am working on a new saber (first attempt with MHS V2 Parts) and I wanted to do a White blade with a Blue (or Royal Blue so that it is visible against the white) for a Flash on Clash. Any color mixing (tri or quad) LED recommendations?

I have seen a lot of rB/rB/W of course but I was looking to flip that on its head and maybe hunt down or build a W/W/rB.

And my electronics will be "whatever is needed to make this work" so fire away of Masters of the Craft!

I've used a tri-rebel for that setup (W/W/B), but I had to... ah... outsource that to another supplier as the shop doesn't sell that. Yet.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

THe single white die will be very bright if driven at an amp to 1.5A. You really don't need WWB to get what you want. Remember, most white dice produce well over 120 Lumens. You could also run a W die in // with a rB die for a great "Ice Blue", then use both blue dice in // for the FoC. Gorgeous.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Hmm Ice Blue doesn't sound that bad. But I don't know how I would wire two DIE for a FoC. I've only seen it done 2 vs. 1 (2 same color in parallel/series and the White as a stand alone.

If i did do rB/rB/W instead ,would I wire a white and a blue in parallel/series and the Both blue die on the power extender FoC from the Nano biscotte? Just trying to map it all out.

As Matto said, the whites are really bright. I have a GGW and, as bright as the two greens are, the white is just dazzling when it is on.

The way I would wire it would be all the positives are connected to the main red off the battery, resistored accordingly. The negative on the white would go directly to the NB, and the two negatives off the blues can be tied together just under the heat sink and a single wire connected to the power extender. You would then hook up the NB and Black to the power extender as it is in the manual. Basically the black wires are the inverse of the "BB with W clash" setup.