Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The redeemer

Default The redeemer

WP_20150210_001.jpgWP_20150210_002.jpgWP_20150210_003.jpgWP_20150210_004.jpgWP_20150210_005.jpg

My first saber, came to life thanks to help from Silver Serpent's patience and guidance. I fulfilled a childhood dream that started way back in 1978. It was so nice to hear that hum and see the blue illumination.
    I found the wire-fu the most difficult and had to re-solder several times more than one connection, and had to start over on sending wires through the hilt a few times until i got it just right.
    I am very pleased to introduce you to "THE REDEEMER" Bringing the light back to a dark universe. More Sabers to follow

Good work. Not bad for your first build.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

PC, 7.4 battery. Really enjoyed the build...although frustrating at times... I am glad it turned out so well, have to paint it now. I already have plans on another saber. I am deciding on the inturnals at the moment. But not a build I am planning on soon. I want to enjoy the work and step into a larger world at the moment. I like challenges...and this was a good challenge for me. I am wondering if I should go for the CF on my next one or not. Those are decisions for another day. Today I have a complete saber!

Good job man. Isn't it a great feeling when you fire her up and hear that ignition sound?! Makes it oh so worth it. You definitely need another now so can do more than just look at it .

Absolutely! I will.

I gotta say, that is a VERY large lightsaber. I'd go so far as to call it a lightclaymore. Not my particular style but I like it. Very cool, even if that blade holder is tremendous.

And I say this from experience - it doesn't stop at one. Or two. Or six. Heck you'll probably build the same essential design four times and name them different things... >.>
    I look forward to seeing your future build(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    I gotta say, that is a VERY large lightsaber. I'd go so far as to call it a lightclaymore. Not my particular style but I like it. Very cool, even if that blade holder is tremendous.

And I say this from experience - it doesn't stop at one. Or two. Or six. Heck you'll probably build the same essential design four times and name them different things... >.>
    I look forward to seeing your future build(s).
    I agree, and I will enjoy each and every one...although my next two are completely different. I have no names yet.

Nice work. Definitely a two-hander there.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Nice work. Definitely a two-hander there.
    Yes its two handed. I grew up loving broadswords. Thank you for your skill and teaching!

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Good work. Not bad for your first build.
    I also want to thank you for your help, it was early on, but still wouldn't have happened without all the wisdom from the council members. Thank you!