Thread: Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2 Wiring Check

Default Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2 Wiring Check

Having watched Rob Petkau's very helpful video on how to build a basic saber with sound, and having read the owner's manual for the Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2, I sketched up a wiring guide that I believe is correct. I'm hoping to run it by some people here who may be able to spot an error I might have missed.

All yellow circles are solder points on the board.

wiring check.jpg

Parts
    Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2
    TrustFire Protected 3.7V 2400mAh 18650 Lithium Battery
    Luxeon Rebel Star
    Momentary switch
    28mm speaker

The diagram is good. However, I would strongly recommend that unless you are real good at soldering, you limit the connections to one wire per solder pad on the board.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

haha yeah, thank you for verifying.

If you really need to, you can solder one wire to the top of the pad, and another to the bottom.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I spliced my wires into one upstream, and then solder the one to the board. The less I have to touch the board, the better.

After having taken everyone's helpful advice, I made a new wiring diagram; this time, with a recharge port and rechargeable 18650 li-ion. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, as always.

wiring w: port.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwalks421 View Post
    After having taken everyone's helpful advice, I made a new wiring diagram; this time, with a recharge port and rechargeable 18650 li-ion. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, as always.

wiring w: port.jpg
    That's fine. Just make sure you have the recharge port wired correctly (the diagram is in the manual).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    That's fine. Just make sure you have the recharge port wired correctly (the diagram is in the manual).
    Thank you, I neglected each individual component's wiring prongs and pads (save the board) just to simplify the diagram