Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Red CREE and MR board

yes thanks for the schematics of the board but what i need is to know how to wire red in parallel with a hasbro board. also is the cree copper nova good for this. I'm thinking about getting the custom led.. 1 red and one red orange. the third will be white so i can do flash on clash later.

dimitri

parallel wiring is easy...the positive output from the board goes to both positives of the leds...the same for the negatives. As I said before, parallel wiring will need more current than an MR board can deliver, since you need double the current, in this case 1400-2000mA. MR boards are known to only output around 900-1200mA. Two under driven red led's will not be brighter than a single in this case.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

so do u splice the wires to go to both positives? and i see. i was just looking at the first posts on this thread about how he did it and it looks pretty bright. Are you saying that his isn't brighter than just a single led? I'm trying to get the brightest possible with a hasbro and MR board. whether its a single copper nova cree or the parallel. on my other sabers I'm going to use a nano biscuit v2 for a white FOC and the brightest red.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDimitri View Post
    so do u splice the wires to go to both positives? and i see. i was just looking at the first posts on this thread about how he did it and it looks pretty bright. Are you saying that his isn't brighter than just a single led? I'm trying to get the brightest possible with a hasbro and MR board. whether its a single copper nova cree or the parallel. on my other sabers I'm going to use a nano biscuit v2 for a white FOC and the brightest red.
    Don't underestimate the brightness of single LEDs! If you've never seen a single XP-E2/Rebel lighting a saber, they may surprise you.

so do u splice the wires to go to both positives?
    Yes, and the negatives

and i see. i was just looking at the first posts on this thread about how he did it and it looks pretty bright. Are you saying that his isn't brighter than just a single led? I'm trying to get the brightest possible with a hasbro and MR board. whether its a single copper nova cree or the parallel. on my other sabers I'm going to use a nano biscuit v2 for a white FOC and the brightest red.
    Judging how bright a saber is in photos is deceiving...cameras always over expose them, unless you know how to change the settings to compensate for that. His leds are probably being under driven, but the fact that there is two of them is likely making up for that. The best way to see which would be best is to have two sabers right in front of you, one using the single Cree, the other using the triple running two in parallel, both being driven from the same type of MR board with the same battery source.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.