Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ravenwood Saber

Quote Originally Posted by MaraRavenwood View Post
    So I want a white blade. I'm assuming that TCSS does not carry this (that I have seen), so I need to go back to the source and buy this: http://www.luxeonstar.com/cool-white...star-led-235lm. Your thoughts?
    You might want to wait. Although the Rebels aren't being stocked anymore, their replacements should be on the way fairly soon.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    You might want to wait. Although the Rebels aren't being stocked anymore, their replacements should be on the way fairly soon.
    That's exciting news, FJK!

FJK, will those be the SinkPAD-II Rebel Tri-Star, or a different LED altogether?
    ~Ravenwood

FJK, will those be the SinkPAD-II Rebel Tri-Star, or a different LED altogether?
    They will be the new Tri-Crees.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Oh, good to know. Time to go download a new datasheet!
    ~Ravenwood

I've been looking and haven't found any documentation for tri-Cree LEDs. *grumble* Anyone got a part number?
    ~Ravenwood

I've been looking and haven't found any documentation for tri-Cree LEDs. *grumble* Anyone got a part number?
    Be patient, once they are in house, Specs will be posted. You can look at the singles in the store for an idea of what's to come.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Be patient, once they are in house, Specs will be posted. You can look at the singles in the store for an idea of what's to come.
    Thanks. (Patience is not my strong suit.) Already waiting for the NBv2 to be back in stock. Hopefully both will come in at the same time. I'm trying to draw up my wiring diagram so that I can finalize my design and order everything I need at once. I'm also tracking down as many datasheets as I can for my lab book as I work through this.
    ~Ravenwood

Thanks. (Patience is not my strong suit.) Already waiting for the NBv2 to be back in stock. Hopefully both will come in at the same time. I'm trying to draw up my wiring diagram so that I can finalize my design and order everything I need at once. I'm also tracking down as many datasheets as I can for my lab book as I work through this.
    If you are using a NB, the math should be fairly simple.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

If you are using a NB, the math should be fairly simple.
    Agreed. Simple math. I went from knowing pretty much nothing about lightsaber circuits to my first draft of a wiring diagram in two hours. Did the divisions for the resistor values, but not full node voltage/current loop analysis. It will be easy, but I want to check it against the specs for all of the parts. Need datasheets to do that. I will order parts after it looks good on paper.
    ~Ravenwood