Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chassis Designs and ideas

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Indeed as in "Yes, it works."

I'm doing it right now. In addition to TCSS parts I grabbed some nylon parts from my hardware store. A 1.375" washer works for the inside of a Graflex. So not only will it space the chassis, I'm going to use it to "seal" the end for the speaker and it should sound great.

RED LEADER Standing by!

Excellent, thank-you.

Can anyone tell me if I could or should still do a chassis even if I'm not doing sound? I will just have the battery and the led

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatmaxby View Post
    Can anyone tell me if I could or should still do a chassis even if I'm not doing sound? I will just have the battery and the led
    You wouldn't want the battery to rattle around, would you?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

No. Is there nothing different I should do without sound? Also does anyone know if a saberforge LED would work and maybe how to install it? Thanks

No. Is there nothing different I should do without sound? Also does anyone know if a saberforge LED would work and maybe how to install it? Thanks
    That company is not discussed in these parts.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Oh well is there any LEDs out there that are brighter than a saberforge twelve watt?

Oh well is there any LEDs out there that are brighter than a saberforge twelve watt?
    The Tri-Crees that are sold in the store are very bright.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Newbie here - I'm diving into the deep-end with trying to build a chassis for my first saber. To start, I have a question regarding planning, sketches, and diagrams.

Is there some sort of free/low-cost software that many people use to design/plan their chassis? I know about TCSS MHS tool, but was hoping someone was using something "more involved" to plan out precise measurement for their chassis.

Welcome to the Forums.

I personally use the ever popular paper, pencil and ruler. It's not too hard, unless you are trying something completely off the wall. The "more involved" is basically just experience - which there is no "instant solution" for.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines