Thread: Visual looks of Recharge Port

Default Visual looks of Recharge Port

Hi,

Just wondering what people are doing for the recharge port, when no kill key is inserted from a visual standpoint....

I'm considering adding the 2.1 switch to the pommel - but I am not excited about having the switch receptacle sticking out?

Any thoughts?

Indis

You can simply look through the gallery and see how others have handled this in their builds, there are only a hundred or more builds to look through.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

By switch receptacle, do you mean the plug receptacle? Most people seem to get the Recharge Port Hole Service Style 1 ( http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Re...vice-P452.aspx ) which allows you to have the plug hole flush with the outside of the saber instead of sticking out (it threads into the hole in your saber instead of using the nut). I think the MHS Pommel Inserts with Recharge Hole are set up the same way.

You can see what this looks like form the front here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...840#post236840 . From the side you can't see it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Indis View Post
    Hi,

Just wondering what people are doing for the recharge port, when no kill key is inserted from a visual standpoint....

I'm considering adding the 2.1 switch to the pommel - but I am not excited about having the switch receptacle sticking out?

Any thoughts?

Indis
    You could try a rotary kill key. it rotates to engage/disengage power. This one is on Shapeways.rotarykillkey.jpg
    Sith Happens

Thanks for the ideas guys - I like both of them.

Indis!