Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tri-rebel setup

The DynaOhm is fine. The reason we don't use BuckPucks with sound boards is because of voltage. The BuckPucks need a minimum of 5v to operate correctly. Of the three sound boards in the store (NB, PC, Prizm) only the PC operates at voltages above 5v. The NB and Prizm run on a single Li-ion battery, which doesn't have enough voltage to power the BuckPuck. The PC has a built-in LED driver, so the BuckPuck is unnecessary.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    The DynaOhm is fine. The reason we don't use BuckPucks with sound boards is because of voltage. The BuckPucks need a minimum of 5v to operate correctly. Of the three sound boards in the store (NB, PC, Prizm) only the PC operates at voltages above 5v. The NB and Prizm run on a single Li-ion battery, which doesn't have enough voltage to power the BuckPuck. The PC has a built-in LED driver, so the BuckPuck is unnecessary.
    Right the PC has a current driver. My idea was to connect a buckpuck to the on board Power extender to drive my 3rd led. But as FKJ told me it's not a great idea.

Thanks you SS , good to know the DynaOhm is will work.
    I can light a small city with my board

Just remember to hook the DynaOhm up correctly. It has to be on the positive side, and it has to have the IN prong going to the power source and the OUT prong going to the LED+ terminal.

! Thanks for the reminder!
    I can light a small city with my board