Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tri-rebel setup

Exclamation Tri-rebel setup

Would it be possible to set up a tri-rebel in seriellel with a CF 6.1 and 7.4v battery? Because of the driver wouldn't it sense the right voltage to give to each ? And if I set it up to give two amps . The pair would get one amp and the one by itself would get one amp correct? Or is this just not at all what would happen
    I can light a small city with my board

Quote Originally Posted by Star Bird View Post
    Would it be possible to set up a tri-rebel in seriellel with a CF 6.1 and 7.4v battery? Because of the driver wouldn't it sense the right voltage to give to each ? And if I set it up to give two amps . The pair would get one amp and the one by itself would get one amp correct? Or is this just not at all what would happen
    Seriallel is for string LEDs. And that is not how you would wire a CF with three LEDs.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Well I've heard of seriellel for a quad rebel.

But alright better to put the 3rd die on the onboard Pex correct ?

Well I've heard of seriellel for a quad rebel.

But alright better to put the 3rd die on the onboard Pex correct ?
    You attach it to one of the on board PEX, but it's probably better that you use an external resistor when you do.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Ok great thank you for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    You attach it to one of the on board PEX, but it's probably better that you use an external resistor when you do.
    FJK is there any reason I couldn't use a buck puck instead of a resistor coming off the on board PEX?

FJK is there any reason I couldn't use a buck puck instead of a resistor coming off the on board PEX?
    SIZE! The proper resistor will be significantly smaller than a buck puck!

the buck puck is 0.78" x 0.78" x 0.43" (plus all the space for the wires). The average size resistor I used in my build (2w) was about 3/4" long (leaving leads to solder to), but not even 3/16' in diameter.

You run out of space QUICK inside a saber!
    Last edited by bigkevin61; 01-28-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Not to mention price as well. Also, buckpucks and sound boards don't mix well. Buckpucks are for STUNT setups.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Not to mention price as well. Also, buckpucks and sound boards don't mix well. Buckpucks are for STUNT setups.
    I think I have the space. But if it isn't going to mix well and there will be little glitches or somthing I'll use an external resistor for sure!
    Thanks bigkevin61 and FJK!

Because buck pucks are not good with soundboards, would the Dynaohm variable resistor not work well either when lighting up a switch light through a soundboard? (CF)