Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cobin's driver

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Corbin just posted the coolest thing on TFN. When you hook up the resonator he offers (basically a small motor) to the left over negative lamp wire from the hasbro to the motor you get: a sputtering kick at the start and end, idle for the hum and it kicks on the clash.

That is so cool.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Hmm Once again very familiar.[] Well I used this setup on my new Led Saber and it is an AWESOME affect it really gives you the sensation of the LightSaber producing energy.[8D]

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

does anyone know if the on/off of corbins driver is a negative or not? i beleive that the hasbros are.

the reason i ask is i have a spst momentary button that i would like to use to turn on both.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If I trim down the circuit board sides of the Corbin driver I bought to fit inside my sink tube will it hurt the driver at all. It just barely doesn't fit and needs to have a few millimeters shaved off.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Just don't cut any of the contacts off.[] It can stand a bit of trimming.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

I am a little confused on how the SPDT Momentary switch hooks up to the Corbin Driver / Hasbro sound module diagram. There are three wires off the switch and I'm not sure which wire goes where. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, the one on the first page of this thread is a DPDT which would cause the confusion. It has 6 contacts. I believe you can use the SPDT by ignoring either the left or right contact and following the one Tim put here:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?TOPIC_ID=366

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Thanks for the clarification XWINGBAND, to many letters in these switches it gets confusing. I'll try the other diagram and see what happens. Thanks for the help this forum is great.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

This is how I got it to work.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I tried this configuration but with the green and red wires switched on the SPDT Momentary switch and only the sound would come on, the LED did nothing. I'll give this a try and see if it makes a difference. Thanks Strydur.