Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobin's driver

Default Cobin's driver

Hello,
    Corbin's driver has LED leads, battery leads, clash and lock leads, on/off leads. However, it does not have sound correct? And does it have a speaker on not (looked like it might-some small round object in the pic-could be something else). It says on the site you can hook an impact sensor in parallel with C&L switch, but where would you wire the sound card, speaker, and motion sensor? And can it be hooked to one switch as mentioned in the other thread via a DPDT switch?

Thank you,
    Cain

Actually it is a lot simpler than that, I already bought a Driver Board and all it does is control the Led, all you have is 8 connections: Battery(+,-), Switch (In,Out) momentery, Crash/Lock; either hook up a Momentary Switch, Shock Sensor or Both, Led Out(+,-).
    Now all the Sound Functions and the speaker are part of the other board, I took apart a Yoda(Hasbro) Saber and it looks like all you need is to tap in to the Switch from the Driver and supply battery power, it already has the Speaker and Shock Sensor built in. I hope this helps.

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

where can u get a shock sensor

You can get one out of a gutted Hasbro toy saber and I am sure some companys sell them but I dont know which ones. I got all mine out of hasbros.

Cain

yeah he's right. hasbros are the easiest way to get the sound boards. and if you get the right ones you can get a motion and a shock sensor.

What about the "force resonators" Corbin sells? Would those work for the sound, or is it easier just to go into my Hasbro Obi saber?

The "force resonators" are just little vibrating motors, like what you would find in a pager.

Thanks Spencer, that saved me a couple bucks. The Hasbro toys the best for the sound huh? Ok, I guess I'll just have to tear one up then.

The hasbros are not the best, but they are the cheapest. A module from an MR FX sounds way better, but it costs way more as well.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

How difficult is it to hack the MRFX modules, and where in the saber are they located? I had a feeling like the Mace Windu saber had it contained in the battery pack unit, seeing as the speaker was there, too.

What is life but the passage to death?