Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cobin's driver

I have a new problem and was wondering if anybody had any idea's, I am using a Corbin Driver with a Ultra Sound Board in my new Led Saber I am building. I am trying to get the Shock Sensor from the Sound Board to simultaneously control the Driver Clash feature without using an extra switch. If anybody knows, I would really appreciate it.[]

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

Her's a picture of the various sound boards found in MR sabers. Just somthing to reference.

Left is the standard 3 AA Sound board
    Next is a 6 AA board used for LED
    Third is the 6AA used by MR in their EL
    Last is to me the coolest because of it's size. I was used in an Ep II Anakin by MR. It huuks up to a seperate inverter like the third one just smaller.
    Just posted these pics so folks will know what they got

That's great, those pics of the sound drivers. Do we have a wiring guide available somewhere, tells us what wire does what? That'd be spiffy. Also, am I correct when I say that it looks like the clash and motion sensors are mounted directly on the sound chip?

What is life but the passage to death?

Hey Tim,
    is it possible for you to make a tutorial for installing a Corbin's driver with a hasbro sound board? i have no experience with these electronics. not to mention this will be my first time building an LED saber? Thanks

I have surrendured to the ways of the darkside. Fear is my ally

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Darth Frieds

Hey Tim,
    is it possible for you to make a tutorial for installing a Corbin's driver with a hasbro sound board? i have no experience with these electronics. not to mention this will be my first time building an LED saber? Thanks

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It's not up yet on his site but he made this for me and posted it at ASAP.

There is no need for a second switch because the clash sensor does the work.

EDIT:Forgot to mention the switch is a DPDT (double pull double throw) momentary.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Thanks BUDDEH!!!

How can i use 5 AA's for a 3 watt when the largest battery holder holds only 4?

Hmm looks familiar, I worked toghether with corbin to make this design work. [][]
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">How can i use 5 AA's for a 3 watt when the largest battery holder holds only 4?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> I asked Corbin the same question you only need 5AA's if you are using rechargables since they aoly produce 1.2V instead of 1.5V so the 4 AA holder is fine that is what I am using. I am using this same design in my new Led, the only thing you will have to add is a second master power switch since the Sound Board and Led Board get out of Sync sometimes and you have to reset them. Also to add a Force Resonator just connect the + to the Bat Hot side and the - to the DPDT switch on the Sound Board Red Wire so it Kicks in on Start up and Shutdown, that is what I am doing.[]

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

Once I get all my supplies I'll try it out, hopefully I won't kill myself trying to make this work. this might not be for another few weeks though, until the shop gets more of those LED blade holders in.
    Thanks for the blue-prints guys.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Corbin just posted the coolest thing on TFN.[] When you hook up the resonator he offers (basically a small motor) to the left over negative lamp wire from the hasbro to the motor you get: a sputtering kick at the start and end, idle for the hum and it kicks on the clash.

That is so cool.[8D]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>