Thread: Transience

Default Transience

Hello all,

I finished this one about 6 months ago. Not sure why I waited to post the pictures, but here we go.

Specifications:

Hilt is full MHS Parts from TCSS
    Green 4-Watt Rebel Star LED
    In-hilt recharge system
    4 AA NiMH Battery Pack
    MRFX Yoda soundboard
    AV Switch
    Root Killer Etched sleeve with Aurebesh writing
    Hand Etched Aurebesh on blade holder, gold leaf inlay
    "Holographic" blade film wrap

I was going through my folders on my old Macintosh last night, and found the render from the old school Saber Builder dated 07/11/2009. So if you mark that as start date, this saber took about Five years to complete. Not exactly Corran Horn over here, I know.

07_11_2009_render.png

So my first snag was the Soundboard. I bought a board off ebay from a MRFX Luke ANH. Turned out it was from an EL saber so it wasn't compatible. Bought a really nice nickle plated switch but then realized momentary switches don't get along with MRFX boards. Bah.

then I lost my original Pommel somewhere. In the long run this turned out OK, as i had drilled and tapped the first pommel for a D-ring and after having to replace it I found a better way to attach the saber to my belt.

At this point I got fired from my job. No money, no parts, no deal. I had a box full of saber bits in a box under my bed for a good two years.

I did mess around a bit to see if the LED worked. Sent this to a friend who thought I was arc-welding:
    zzzar.jpg

Finally found gainful employment and motivation to finish this project. Started messing around with rootkiller etching, and was inspired by another saber I saw around here that had etching in the grooves on the hilt. Managed to accomplish this without karking up the threads on the hilt.

I found a wrapping paper at Pat Cattans that was clear with a holographic/prismatic look to it. When used in the blade, it gives an almost chunky or crystalline look to it. With the green LED it looks cool, but i tried it with my Girlfriends White LED and it almost looks pearly. Will probably use this later on either a Tenel Ka or Cilghal hilt.

After the constant changes the hilt went through (not to mention the changes *I* went through lol) the name Transience seem fitting. It was also inspired by the movie SEVEN SWORDS:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Swords

in which the Transience sword was hewn out of a chunk of meteoric iron.

05 - 2BKWmiT.jpg18 - ltTH1FH.jpg08 - hxeO1b5.jpg

Full set here on Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/VNvru#0
    Last edited by Cern; 01-20-2015 at 02:04 PM. Reason: adding more info
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

Cool looking saber. Yeah too bad those blade holders aren't regularly available for sale, would be cool. I like some of them in the older builder same with the pommels and some of the other chokes
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

nice work!

That's a really nice design
    I can light a small city with my board