Thread: Rumored Tri-Cree, Battery Needs?

Default Rumored Tri-Cree, Battery Needs?

Hi all!

This may have been answered already, but I couldn't seem to find the post if it exists.

Because R/G/B Tri-Rebels are currently out of stock (and phased out from TCSS's stock??)...here is my question: will the rumored new Tri-Cree that I've been hearing about from TCSS roughly have the same battery needs as the Tri-Rebel? This assumes that the Rebel and the Cree LEDs are both set up with R/G/rB. I ask mainly to make sure that the 7.4v 1050 mAh 14650 battery I plan on using with the PC 3.5 and Color Extender would work well with a R/G/rB Tri-Cree of some sort.

A lot of speculation and hear-say, I know :P Buy any advice is welcomed!

Quote Originally Posted by Robust Stardust View Post
    Hi all!

This may have been answered already, but I couldn't seem to find the post if it exists.

Because R/G/B Tri-Rebels are currently out of stock (and phased out from TCSS's stock??)...here is my question: will the rumored new Tri-Cree that I've been hearing about from TCSS roughly have the same battery needs as the Tri-Rebel? This assumes that the Rebel and the Cree LEDs are both set up with R/G/rB. I ask mainly to make sure that the 7.4v 1050 mAh 14650 battery I plan on using with the PC 3.5 and Color Extender would work well with a R/G/rB Tri-Cree of some sort.

A lot of speculation and hear-say, I know :P Buy any advice is welcomed!
    Yes, this has been answered before. The same batteries will work just fine.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Yes, this has been answered before. The same batteries will work just fine.
    Okay good to know, thanks FJK! I read that the single die Crees have similar power needs as the Rebels, just wanted to double check the same was true for the future Tri-Crees.

Quote Originally Posted by Robust Stardust View Post
    Okay good to know, thanks FJK! I read that the single die Crees have similar power needs as the Rebels, just wanted to double check the same was true for the future Tri-Crees.
    Tri's are just three single Crees in one place.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Tri's are just three single Crees in one place.
    Understood! =]