Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: REALLY difficult to have Li-Ion cells WITH PCB

Default REALLY difficult to have Li-Ion cells WITH PCB

Hello everyone,
    Like i share you from short on chatroom, some stuff are incredible difficult to find in Europe.
    Particularly the most important , Li-Ion Battery WITH PCB, because i find some but without!!!! Pretty uncool not???.
    TCSS can not send over see, because the customs forbid it .
    and like you tell me in chatroom, i have asking some company like JQSabers.... and here is the mails answer:

( In FRENCH )
    Bonjour Jacques Michel,
    Nous vous remercions de votre demande.
    Nous avons seulement les batteries avec des c?bles.

Les mesures sont comme indiqu? dans les tailles de batterie.

Par exemple 18650 est 18mm de diam?tre et 65mm de long environ.
    Cependant, malheureusement, nous avons eu beaucoup de probl?mes avec les envoyant ? l'Europe, les douanes ne les autorisent pas ? travers et ils sont d?truits sans remboursement.
    Si nous leur envoyons, nous devons vous faire prendre conscience du risque parce que nous ne offrons pas un remboursement. Si ils ne vous atteignent pas de la douane.
    Si vous souhaitez tout de m?me commander laissez-moi savoir et je vais obtenir un devis d'exp?dition pour vous et envoyer le montant total ? payer.

Meilleurs v?ux, Susan J

( In ENGLISH ... sorry for my poor translation)
    Hello Jacques Michel,
    We thank you for your demand(request).
    We have only batteries(drum kits) with cables.

The measures are as indicated in the sizes of battery(drum kit).

For example 18650 is 18mm of diameter and 65mm of length approximately.
    However, unfortunately, we had many problems with sending them in Europe, customs do not authorize them through and they are destroyed without refund(repayment).
    If we send to them, we have to make you become aware of the risk because we do not offer a refund(repayment). If they do not reach(affect) you of the customs.
    If you wish all the same to command(order) let me know and I am going to obtain an estimate of expedition(shipping) for you and to send the total amount to be paid.

Better wishes, Susan J

Last edited by Celticblood; 01-13-2015 at 07:15 AM.

yes it is at least more difficult than in the US.
    but still possible. I am from austria and was able to find what I needed in, only the pcbs I got from TCSS because those are just smaller^^
    you can try amazon there are sellers where you can get them (but just single ones, you have to make your pack yourself)
    best luck!

I know the issue, had to find a solution as well.
    I use to buy the PCB from the US, either TCSS or other sources (when TCCS is out of stock).
    For batteries, I get cells with soldering tabs from a site here in Italy.

If you can post here some link, it will be awesome.

Specially about Li-ion pack with PCB....
    THX

Have you tried RS-Online?

I'm based in Australia and they import their stuff from the UK when I ordered my 18650 - did not get any hassles. They also have a French website.

I don't speak French but I got what looks like some useful returns from the site when I did a search for "18650".

Good luck and let us know how you go!

Well, we cannot post links to other web shops, the forum is attached to a store and this is obviously forbidden.
    I could pass you the link via PM, but only if we get permission from the moderators

However, if you look for cells with PCB it's not that difficult to find them available in Europe, plenty of resellers.
    The hard task is to locate unprotected batteries with tabs to build custom packs.

DAISAN,
    Maybe you should read my last post, THIS IS A OFFICIAL MAIL from another companie who sale some Li-ions cells:

Quote Originally Posted by Celticblood View Post
    However, unfortunately, we had many problems with sending them in Europe, customs do not authorize them through and they are destroyed without refund(repayment).
    If we send to them, we have to make you become aware of the risk because we do not offer a refund(repayment). If they do not reach(affect) you of the customs.
    If you wish all the same to command(order) let me know and I am going to obtain an estimate of expedition(shipping) for you and to send the total amount to be paid.

Better wishes, Susan J
    DON SE WION
    PM stay PM... you can use my mail adress too if you are to afraid or scared to be banned

I think, all forum exist to find SOLUTIONS... and solution are NOT in one seller sometimes but in WORLDWIDE
    So to don t flood the number of post here,
    How you think about MAKE SHORT and bring this problematic to goes FORWARDS or don t write something only to push up your POSTS NUMBER????

i seach one solution, for me and all another IN THE SAME SITUATION

A readily available source of 18650 batteries is inside laptop battery packs. Most of them contain about 6 or so 18650 cells. You'll have to dismantle it and build your own pack with a PCB, but it's not terribly difficult.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Celticblood,

I'm not scared to be banned from the forum, I choose not to share external links out of respect for the owner of the store and because it is forbidden by the forum rules.
    I simply tried to give you hints about what to look for in your searches, so you can find the solution that best suits your needs.
    On the other hand, there are few other saber enthusiast forums where you can discuss this kind of matter freely without breaking or bending any law.

Celticblood,

Yup, read your original post.

I don't know how the Li-ON batteries were sent by the company you contacted. If they sent it via normal airmail/post it would not pass most customs.

Having said that, moving Li-ON batteries is done regularly by electronic distributors who have a worldwide network of offices. Being commercial entities, I would assume they have safety procedures in place to allow them passage through customs.

As I mentioned, I already went to the French website of RS-Online and did a search for "18650" with seemingly positive results - it's in French so I can only guess.

Again, just a suggestion.

Good luck with your search.