Thread: Building 2 sabers

Post Building 2 sabers

Hi, people!

Here is my 2 sabers design, (stunt) static sabers, no sound and no light... And a couple of questions

Builds.jpg

The red dots are the places I think the best location for the blade retention holes... Would you change it or is it OK?. And related to that, I wonder which retention screws should I choose. I want something discreet for fan filming, so is this a good choice?:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/8-...rew--P507.aspx
    And for quick release, this one:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/8-...crew-P538.aspx

That's my biggest concern about it, I'll order some extras like:
    - Powder coating.
    - Buttons, 2x Machine recessed 12mm AV switch hole. I want a discreet button just to fake the movement in screen, or in a close shot.
    - Inserts and clips to both pommels.
    - A good set of 3/4 inch blade trans white and adapters, cut to 36 inches. If not suitable for dueling, we'll try carbon fiber ones.
    - Safety plugs.

Am I forgetting something? Thank you very much for your patience and time.
    Last edited by Lobezno; 01-13-2015 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Corrected bad use of stunt

On the bottom saber, you could move the retention screw into the ribbed section forward of where you've got it marked; centered on the middle rib. That might be more discrete, and would still give you a lot of metal for the screw to tap into.

Quote Originally Posted by amwolf View Post
    On the bottom saber, you could move the retention screw into the ribbed section forward of where you've got it marked; centered on the middle rib. That might be more discrete, and would still give you a lot of metal for the screw to tap into.
    Awesome. In fact, the closer to the emitter, the more powerful grip. I'll take your advice, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobezno View Post
    Hi, people!

Here is my 2 sabers design, stunt sabers, no sound and no light... And a couple of questions
    Just an FYI, typically what is referred to as a "stunt" saber has light but no sound. A saber without light or sound is frequently called a "static" saber or an "empty" hilt.

Your designs look very cool, though.

Quote Originally Posted by cvsickle View Post
    Just an FYI, typically what is referred to as a "stunt" saber has light but no sound. A saber without light or sound is frequently called a "static" saber or an "empty" hilt.

Your designs look very cool, though.
    Noted and corrected

Thanks a lot! Wait to see them painted and real, I think the final look will be awesome. The 1st one is one kinda approach to a more handy Lukes ROTJ, and the other one will be all black with a little touch of colour, more Jedi spy style, or Sith, if you want.