Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebel Legion's newest Clone Wars Jedi General

Default Rebel Legion's newest Clone Wars Jedi General

The judge's ruling is in.....I am officially Rebel Legion's newest Clone Wars era Jedi General. This was the biggest costuming project I have taken on to date. I made every part of this costume myself from the pattern development and sewing of the tunic, the leather work of the belt, the armor building of the forearms. I also built and wired the saber using parts from right here at TCSS.

Here are a few other pictures.....

In the official picture, they photohop in the blade. It is not as green in real life, more of a lime green.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good work!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Great work! I love this look, and your longer tabards and outer tunic looks great. Do you have more detailed pics on the rebel legion site? I would like to see the a close up of the boots and the belt, especially.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Awesome job!

Congratulations!! Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    Great work! I love this look, and your longer tabards and outer tunic looks great. Do you have more detailed pics on the rebel legion site? I would like to see the a close up of the boots and the belt, especially.
    Here are a few pictures of the belt and boots....

I made the belt myself with parts from Tandy Leather. Here is how it started out....

These are the pouches....

...I wanted functional pouches. I modeled them after the one Anakin has on his belt towards the front.

I also did something a little different with the covertec clip. I wanted it to sit in the center of the belt like they do in the cartoon. If you look, in the cartoon series, the coveretec clips seem to be fixed directly to the belt, rather than clipped to the top. I accomplisted this by trimming the rear clip, then making loops on the front of the belt.

The boots are the same boots I have worn in every costume. They are Red Wing welder's boots I used to wear at work. I cleaned them up, then added a semi-padded collar to make them taller. The collar is attached to the boots' pull on straps.

PS. setelf3of5 , If you see this, I have tried to reply to your PM's but your message box is full. I do not know how else to get a hold of you. I have more information that you requested.

I know that this post is little old, however I am attempting to complete my own CW era Jedi General. I cant find any gauntlets. Could you share with me how you made yours? any help would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ganjekysom View Post
    I know that this post is little old, however I am attempting to complete my own CW era Jedi General. I cant find any gauntlets. Could you share with me how you made yours? any help would be awesome.
    It came from this guy. http://www.imperialsurplus.com/index.html

You need to email him and ask about this kit. I don't think it is listed on his site.

Was it a fairly easy kit to assemble and paint?