Thread: Color Extender "creative" hilt placement

Default Color Extender "creative" hilt placement

I just noticed that a color extender's width is almost EXACTLY the inner diameter of a choke piece.
    IMG_20150110_215022921_zps1ectzkfh.jpg

As it sits right now, there doesn't seem to be any metal from the board touching the aluminum, but I'd still worry about shorts. Maybe some 3/4" blade material to isolate the board from the aluminum?

Has anyone ever done this? How would you secure such a setup? I'm planning a saber, and this would really save me some space.

is there any wiggle room? you can get get a coke bottle and cut out some of the plactic the same circumference as the choke and then glue the to choke and then glue board inside maybe? or if you don't mind spending a couple buck at home depot get a flouresent tube protecter (forget the correct name) and cut a section out of it. If its tight I'm sure you could sand a hair off the board to squeeze it in.

There is hardly any wiggle room at all. My thought with the 3/4" blade material was to cut a small section in half(ish) lengthwise, creating two half cylinders to sandwich the board between. The board would still be touching the aluminum, but all the metal parts of the board would have a layer of polyC between them and the choke.

You're probably right, though. If I found something thin enough, I could probably sand a hair off the board to make it fit.

Size T8 fluorescent tube protectors fit inside standard MHS parts. You could split a piece lengthwise and use it in a choke. It's very thin, and should fit around your parts.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I'll have to check that out. Thanks!