Thread: Installing speaker/battery holder into the hilt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Installing speaker/battery holder into the hilt

Is there a trick to fitting this part: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...lder-P315.aspx into the main body tube(http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Hi...ctor-P126.aspx)? The part slides in and fits perfectly. But once it's in, there's no gap between the speaker and the threaded end of the main body tube to screw the pommel back on to the main body tube.

I, of course, acknowledge the distinct possibility that these two parts weren't made to fit together.

They are actually designed to fit together and still allow you to attach your pommel. If there's no gap in the threaded end for the pommel threads to fit in, then the battery pack is not fully seated in the hilt. When it's seated/installed correctly, you should see this much space between the speaker and the end of the hilt:

Removed:
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 01-09-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for the photos.

It must be catching internally, then. I reversed the speaker/battery and slid it in upside down a little just to see if the end would fit. It fits fine with clearance. It won't slide in when I turn it back the correct way, though.

I can get it in far enough that the speaker sits flush with the end of the main body tube. At that point the speaker fits snugly inside the inner diameter of the main body tube. I can move it in just a tad further and it seemed to lock in place. I had to push it out from the opposite end of the main body tube in order to remove it.

If I turn it around, though, the speaker slips in with clearance all the way around.

Last edited by Nassik; 01-09-2015 at 03:54 AM.

There's something else going on there, because even installed backwards, the speaker mount should sit fully inside the hilt tube like this:

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.